Strange text after server move

We are moving from a Cobalt RaQ550 to a DL360 with RH ES Linux 4. One of the programs I use on the web site is Scrollerpro. I tar'd the directories on the Cobalt and untar'd them in the DL360.

The popup windows the program uses are all stored as separate htm files, and the attached jpeg shows one of them on the new server (not yet live).

You will see there is a ? before the text in line 1 and it should be " and there are several instances of this. Also, in line 3 you will see that Anders last name has changed from Djärv to the strange one in the jpeg.

I checked the htm file for this popup and the text is all correct.

Any ideas please.

(You can see Scrollerpro under 'Recent Press Releases' at www.volvoclub.org.uk/press/index.php )

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot.jpg  

It may have to do with the language setting on the new server (it only affects non-ascii characters, right?). Check that the locale is set correctly (or is the same as on the old server). May also be the case that the keyboard is mapped incorrectly, but I am not entirely sure here.

Language modules are all loaded. The strange thing is that the htm pages are OK, this only happens when the page is loaded in the browser. Also, the " is not always replaced with ? - it is haphazard.

Bob

I've seen this mostly when the pages where generated to assume that they were going to be displayed on a Windows box and were now being displayed in either Firefox or on a non-Windows platform. What charset are the pages using? Have they passed validation from a validator?