Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

WebHostPlus Down?

Anyone have a server with webhostplus and have their server down?

Looks like there network is playing up. Can't access dinix.com/webhostplus.com website or any IP address I know on their network.

That's not good - an entire datacenter down.

Yep they are down.

Going on a couple hours now.

Yes, it's been entirely unreachable to me since about 11:25 pm Eastern time. My hosts, the dinix site, nor the webhost plus. Can't even resolve their domain names.

Okay, I just called WHP and of course they are aware of it, and they say Verizon is doing emergency repairs, but they could only give an ETA of 20 minutes to 3 hours, which is what Verizon gave them.

The tech I spoke with didn't have a clue what was wrong.

JamieW

What number did you ring? We manage a few servers for clients and the number we are calling is going unanswered.

201-520-1800

I just called their standard (877) HOST PLUS / 877-467-8758 number (there is also the local (201) 520-1800 number).

I suppose you could also try 866-WWW-DINIX (866-999-3464), though probably goes to the same place (if still in service).

I don't even know why we still got a server with Dinix/WHP still....

Can't access my servers too.
    Change DataCenter?

Well looks like they're back up. I think it was around 6am Eastern. At least that's when I finally got a ping back from my site. Be sure to put in your credit requests. :-)

Yes,
    They are back!
    But my client's are going crazy (me too).

I submitted a credit request as per the Dinix SLA and I got this response:

Dear Clients,

As some of you already know, last night WebHost Plus experienced up to seven hours of downtime. Our provider, Verizon had unforeseen complications arise, which caused this unplanned disturbance and inconvenience. Verizon had to resolve their issue immediately and had no opportunity to notify us of downtime. If we had any notification from them, we would have recommended an alternate plan of action for the amount of downtime that occurred. We here at WebHost Plus are working very hard to restore your connection and get you back on track.

We apologize for the inconvenience the downtime has caused you. We are available to you 24/7 to assist your every need. At this time, please continue to submit any problems and interruptions in service through our Trouble Ticket System.

WebHost Plus greatly appreciates your business and thanks you for your understanding at this time.

Sincerely,

WebHost Plus, Inc.

Note beyond our responsibility"
    Note the "Note" at the end. Sounds like they're trying to slip responsibility for the credits. Well as per the SLA, it doesn't matter if it was within their control or not, just if it was down, which is was.

I've reopened the ticket and will update here. Don't let them out of giving you either 65% or 70% credit.

Really, none of this should come as a surprise, surely.

I assume that most of you guys witnessed or experienced their approach to your needs through the Dinix takeover? Let me remind you of what you are dealing with:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=387709

Come on... talk about wakey wakey! I would simply suggest that you ready their input VERY carefully.

Best of luck!

Actually, they credited me just fine back then. My transfer over went fairly smoothly, they didn't charge for April, and also credited me for May.

But that doesn't mean I won't consider changing providers now if they stop honoring the policy. I need a reliable service that's backed by a sound guarantee.

Dinix / WHP current reply:

this was an emergency that happend with verizon. Curently webhostplus is working with verizon on a credit, so we can pass it to our clients. We will work someting out with you

thank you
    I replied that I don't doubt any of that, but the SLA is between us, not Verizon and me, and I still expect it to be honored. However they do have up to 30 days to do so.

Please tell me they are not down again?!

I think I'm going to cry.

Looks like they are down again. Can't access anything on their network from the UK

Yeah, looks like they're down again for me too, since about 11:10 pm Eastern (about an hour, fifteen minutes now). I called their number and they didn't have any info at this time for the cause. She said she'd pass my contact info down to the tech department though and supposedly they'll get back to me.

Originally posted by JamieW
    Yeah, looks like they're down again for me too, since about 11:10 pm Eastern (about an hour, fifteen minutes now). I called their number and they didn't have any info at this time for the cause. She said she'd pass my contact info down to the tech department though and supposedly they'll get back to me.
    Same thing I got.

You would think that they would have known that there was going to be work done tonight. This seems like it would be follow up work for last night.

I also asked her about getting money back for the down time. She also had no infomation about that.

Originally posted by JenniH
    Really, none of this should come as a surprise, surely.

I assume that most of you guys witnessed or experienced their approach to your needs through the Dinix takeover? Let me remind you of what you are dealing with:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=387709

Come on... talk about wakey wakey! I would simply suggest that you ready their input VERY carefully.
    I like this thread better myself:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=365422

Whatever's going on, somehow I doubt the 'official story' has much to do with the reality of things.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieW
    Dinix / WHP current reply:

this was an emergency that happend with verizon. Curently webhostplus is working with verizon on a credit, so we can pass it to our clients. We will work someting out with you

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchosting
    Looks like they are down again.
    maybe their negotiations with Verizon for credit went bad. I've personally always had a bad feeling with WHP. I once put in a colocation quote in 2004 and a sales rep consistently left me voice mail messages. I still receive offers from them to this day, even after threatening to report it as unsolicited/SPAM. It might be time to find a new host since this seems a bit shady.

Yes it is down again

Dinix were great. Such a shame they were taken over since it took me such a long time to find a reliable host. These huge downtimes at WebHostPlus are ridiculous.

Does anyone know of any *reliable* VPS hosts, ideally running WHM/Cpanel? I want to switch hosts ASAP.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast