Thread: The horse died

* The horse died

One of the most beautiful white horses I have ever seen that lives amount a mile away from me. I was taking a walk and saw some people started to ride the horses behind me. Then I heard a horse scream loud as possible. Though I did not think anything really until I started to come back from my walk...

The horse slip and broke a leg. The blood was every where and the horse was screaming and screaming of pain. The other horses wanted to be near her, but they could not. The owner was crying saying "it is going to be ok" over and over again.

Within minutes it seem there was to much blood lost, and they had to shoot her. She was such a nice horse, and is so sad to see her go like this . I felt so bad for the owner as well the horse.

I had a tear in my eye because you could tell how much the owner loved the horse, and I could not even do anything to help them.

This just happen about 10 minutes ago

Oh man, that sucks to hear! It's always sad when an animal has to be killed to stop its pain...Especially the case with horses, as they're such elegant beasts!

That sucks. Our horse died a couple yeard ago, so I know how it feels.

Liner was a Registered Quarterhorse mare. My wife got here when the horse was a baby. She was obnoxious with a rider on her... but she would let me ride her bareback and with just a halter. When the kids were on here, she was as gentle as a butterfly to them. But put a saddle on her and a strange rider... you were in for it.

She would always come up to the house, and liked hanging around the kids bedroom window. She got lots of attention that way. That is also where we found her dead one morning. She looked to have gone peacefully.

Funny thing, after a couple years, I still look out to the pasture for her. Odd eh.

Anyhow, animals can be good friends. Sorry to hear of the loss.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Sorry to hear man..

Horses are the worst when it comes to broken legs.

Even if the horse hadn't lost alot of blood, it would have still had to be shot..

Once a horse breaks its leg[s] there is no way for it to continue..

So sad to see such a beautiful animal go down..
    it is the true meaning of an achilles heel.

EDIT: interesting article:
    http://www.horse-sense.org/archives/...09111000.phtml
    Last edited by ilyash; 07-12-2005 at 12:23 AM.

Oh I know the feeling. Every time I would take a walk the horse would walk the whole field until it ended. She was so nice to everyone from what I could tell, and it is such a sad thing to see her suffer. Oh and she was a young horse as well from what the owner said.

Originally posted by TalkMilitary
    That sucks. Our horse died a couple yeard ago, so I know how it feels.

Liner was a Registered Quarterhorse mare. My wife got here when the horse was a baby. She was obnoxious with a rider on her... but she would let me ride her bareback and with just a halter. When the kids were on here, she was as gentle as a butterfly to them. But put a saddle on her and a strange rider... you were in for it.

She would always come up to the house, and liked hanging around the kids bedroom window. She got lots of attention that way. That is also where we found her dead one morning. She looked to have gone peacefully.

Funny thing, after a couple years, I still look out to the pasture for her. Odd eh.

Anyhow, animals can be good friends. Sorry to hear of the loss.

Originally posted by Torith
    Oh I know the feeling. Every time I would take a walk the horse would walk the whole field until it ended. She was so nice to everyone from what I could tell, and it is such a sad thing to see her suffer. Oh and she was a young horse as well from what the owner said.
    Yeah, that is sad. The suffering is the worst.

It's horrible when almost any animal dies or is hurt, expecially when it needs to be shot to end it's pain.
    WHT's Own Tekster

Do i have a "Technical Support" sign on my back?
    Listen To Tekster Radio!

They should have tied the horse down in the stale for months...more like binding it feets until the bone heal.
    Have anyone ever tried to wait to see when the bone would heal and how long it would take to heal?
    I would have encourage letting the horse's leg heal rather than killing it.

Originally posted by indiaberry
    They should have tied the horse down in the stale for months...more like binding it feets until the bone heal.
    Have anyone ever tried to wait to see when the bone would heal and how long it would take to heal?
    I would have encourage letting the horse's leg heal rather than killing it.
    I did not know you were a veterenarian? Point is, the horse is gone and that is no fun. Perhaps had you been around to provide your medical care, the outcome could have been diffenent, but somehow I find it unlikely. But we can all play "arm chair quarterback" all night long. No sense in that.

Originally posted by TalkMilitary
    I did not know you were a veterenarian? Point is, the horse is gone and that is no fun. Perhaps had you been around to provide your medical care, the outcome could have been diffenent, but somehow I find it unlikely. But we can all play "arm chair quarterback" all night long. No sense in that.
    I am not a veteranian. I just don't like it when horses are killed. They are so beautiful. When I was 8 years old, I rode horses all summer long for the first time.

ahh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

my folks were looking into buying me a horse when i was a kid, it broke a leg a few days b4 we were to get it.

you have to dig a deep hole for a horse, i saw the results of a shallow one few years ago.

We raised horses... we had 4 Morgans. We had a nice little colt, beautiful horse, would have made an excellent rider/driver. We had him gelded, and when he came to from the anesthesia he wanted to be out of the stall and with his mother. So he tried jumping the stall door, and broke his leg. We had to put him down.

Im so sorry Torith

I love horse's just like yo do............

Peace and love to you my friend

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by ilyash
    EDIT: interesting article:
    http://www.horse-sense.org/archives/...09111000.phtml
    For those of you who would like to know why the only option is to kill the animal should read that article, thanks ilyash.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting