hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : considering aletia?

Forum Jump

considering aletia?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2002, 10:47 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

considering aletia?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2002, 02:01 AM
is useless

Heh... Looks like they've been deleted...

Old 03-30-2002, 02:05 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

yes, aletia seems to be very paranoid about people finding out they are a little 'unethical' in some (many?) areas. their 'corporation headquarters' address is false and unverifiable by the united states postal service.

many people are reporting them to the nevada bbb.

their 'headquarters' are apparently in lake tahoe, nevada. but when a search is done on their zip code, it comes up as a po box that is NOT in lake tahoe.

i'm not exactly sure if that really proves anything at this point, but it sure is very interesting.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2002, 02:22 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Snakebite
yes, aletia seems to be very paranoid about people finding out they are a little 'unethical' in some (many?) areas. their 'corporation headquarters' address is false and unverifiable by the united states postal service.

many people are reporting them to the nevada bbb.

their 'headquarters' are apparently in lake tahoe, nevada. but when a search is done on their zip code, it comes up as a po box that is NOT in lake tahoe.

i'm not exactly sure if that really proves anything at this point, but it sure is very interesting.
I live in the area. The zip code is Stateline, NV and a great many people who live or have businesses in Stateline like to call it 'Lake Tahoe' Nevada. It is at the south shore of Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side. I used to live on the north shore and there are a great many people who resent those in Stateline calling their town 'Lake Tahoe'. Lake Tahoe is the LAKE and nothing more!

Anyway, the street doesn't exist in Stateline but there is a street by that name in Incline Village, Nevada which is on the north shore (and where I used to live). I've checked locally published maps as well as online maps.

Aletia is not listed in our local phone books, yet most if not all of Stateline is. Wouldn't you think they'd want to get some local business?

Old 03-30-2002, 02:26 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

there's a lot going on behind the scenes with aletia. two of the top employees fled the u.s. right after sept 11th. don't know if that's why though. one went to singapore and the other went to australia. supposedly they're still with the company. the location of the other employees is unknown to most customers.

Old 03-30-2002, 11:05 AM

Its a shame this is what its getting to. They begin to delete posts. Reminds me of other hosts, *cough*hostrocket*cough*

Those forums were Aletia's best asset, it was true. I hope they don't become censored.

Old 03-30-2002, 11:15 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Ras
Its a shame this is what its getting to. They begin to delete posts. Reminds me of other hosts, *cough*hostrocket*cough*

Those forums were Aletia's best asset, it was true. I hope they don't become censored.
aletia deletes/censors many posts that are negative against their company. and i'm not talking about profanity-laced posts. they will delate ANY negative post, even if it's polite and truthful.

Old 03-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:

aletia deletes/censors many posts that are negative against their company. and i'm not talking about profanity-laced posts. they will delate ANY negative post, even if it's polite and truthful.
they delete posts from people who they just don't like, like yours truly

desertdust: I've been waiting for someone from the area to check out the address on a local map. I was being told 'over there' that Yahoo isn't reliable, and all this other crap.

Old 03-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Web Hosting Master

Im banned from there forums???? Never even knew they had a forum until 2 mins ago????

Chris

Old 03-30-2002, 10:06 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by creid
Im banned from there forums???? Never even knew they had a forum until 2 mins ago????

Chris
they've been banning lots of people over the past couple days.

Old 03-30-2002, 11:22 PM
Junior Guru

Quote:

they've been banning lots of people over the past couple days.

Not "lots of people", more accurately you and another (maybe 2) invididuals. Posting how much you hate Aletia in every thread on the message board is good reason to ban you.

Old 03-30-2002, 11:26 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn (GEcom)

Not "lots of people", more likely you and another (maybe 2) invididuals. Posting how much you hate Aletia in every thread on the message board is good reason to ban you.
i know of at least 5 people who have been banned for complaining. keep in mind these are legit. complaints. and yes, most of us hate aletia because of the way they run their 'company'. everything about them is starting to stink. their sites are always going down, cpanel doesn't work properly, outgoing mail doesn't work properly, webalizer doesn't work properly, trouble tickets hardly ever get responded to....the list goes on and on. not to mention, the staff is extremely unpleasant to deal with most of the times. their forum is a joke and they censor those who complain.

Old 03-30-2002, 11:41 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn (GEcom)

Not "lots of people", more accurately you and another (maybe 2) invididuals. Posting how much you hate Aletia in every thread on the message board is good reason to ban you.
I don't know about BANNING a person who has NeVeR visited Aletia's site nor its forums.. Now I think thats is irrational...

Chris

Old 03-31-2002, 01:22 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by creid

I don't know about BANNING a person who has NeVeR visited Aletia's site nor its forums.. Now I think thats is irrational...

Chris
It's possible they banned a block of IP's, and unfortunately, you may be using that block.

-Shawn

Old 03-31-2002, 01:23 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:

i know of at least 5 people who have been banned for complaining. keep in mind these are legit. complaints. and yes, most of us hate aletia because of the way they run their 'company'. everything about them is starting to stink. their sites are always going down, cpanel doesn't work properly, outgoing mail doesn't work properly, webalizer doesn't work properly, trouble tickets hardly ever get responded to....the list goes on and on. not to mention, the staff is extremely unpleasant to deal with most of the times. their forum is a joke and they censor those who complain.
Either way, it still doesn't justify what you did, or the reason you were banned.

Posting, "everyone should leave Aletia, its a fraudulant company, I hate Aletia" in nearly every thread, spamming if you will, is a sure fire way to get banned. I'm sure if you pulled the same stunt here at WHT they would ban you pretty quickly as well.

-Shawn

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted