Thread: Kayako V3 RC1

Kayako V3 RC1

Today kayako released the esupport3 version ( RC1 )
    GREAT script with a lot of features..!
    http://www.empresasdehosting.com
    THE WEB HOSTING INDEX IN SPANISH
    http://www.empresasdehosting.net
    THE WEB HOSTING DIRECTORY IN SPANISH

Really, i'm actually looking into getting a license. Too bad they don't incorporate the live help with e support. I have to get 2 licenses.

Can it send SMS to cell when new tickets are opened ?
    ||| Red Line Services for all your Windows and Linux Hosting needs and custom design services!
    ||| Plesk/CPanel, ASP, ASP.NET 1/2, PHP4/5, MS SQL 2005, MySQL, AwStats.
    ||| Fully bilingual French/English service!

And they managed to screw over the vast majority of their current owned-license customers by cutting the free support/upgrade term from 18 months to 6 months. If you purchased te product 6 months and 1 day ago when part of what you purchased was an 18 month support/upgrade CONTRACT you are now s.o.l.

I have a PM into Varun to see if he would like to change his mind on that matter, but I don't have my hopes up.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Originally posted by rlservices
    Really, i'm actually looking into getting a license. Too bad they don't incorporate the live help with e support. I have to get 2 licenses.
    With v3 they do - it's called "Support Suite" and includes both the live help and esupport components for $500

I was interested to hear about the 18 months down to 6 months thing. It seems to have caused quite a bit of backlash in their forums (although personally, considering how many customers Kayako have I'm surprised there isn't a lot more).
    Alasdair

From where I'm sat, it looks like people have seriously misread the 18 to 6 month support thing...

You purchased a license for v2 which had 18 months of updates and support with it. This is still the case and you are free to continue using v2, see out the 18 month term then decide whether you wish to renew this to continue getting updates to the package. *v2 will continue to be maintained and supported*.

IF (and there is no obligation to) you wish to change your license from v2 to v3 (they are different products) this comes with 6 months of updates and support.

// feel free to correct me if I'm the one who has misread the situation.
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Kayako have never ever made that clear. From their pricing page:
    (http://www.kayako.com/?_a=products&_m=esupport.pricing)

Under the heading of 'eSupport pricing':

Owned License: $349.95 Unlimited Users, Tickets, Departments, Knowledgebase Articles, Troubleshooters, Downloads, Announcements. You own the product, no renewals. Upgrades are free for first 18 months, If you wish to receive further upgrades you pay just $39.95 per year.
    eSupport v2, eSupport v3 - same product, and there's no mention of 'minor version upgrades only' or 'no major upgrades' on the pricing page nor the order form. The order form doesn't state 'v2' anywhere either, so I can't see how it was an 'eSupport v2 owned license' people were buying.

V2 to V3 is surely a product upgrade, and as such, should be included in the 18 months?

As someone who seriously looked at eSupport as a viable alternative to Cerberus Helpdesk, I can honestly say that not only is Cerberus Helpdesk the better product, the company has much better business ethics as they are honest and upfront with their users regarding costs, upgrades, support policies etc... I do not deal with companies who aren't upfront and honest about things.
    Last edited by tickedon; 07-12-2005 at 01:46 PM.
    Alasdair

Originally posted by tickedon
    eSupport v2, eSupport v3 - same product, and there's no mention of 'minor version upgrades only' or 'no major upgrades' on the pricing page nor the order form. The order form doesn't state 'v2' anywhere either, so I can't see how it was an 'eSupport v2 owned license' people were buying.
    So what is SupportWorks??

There is no longer "eSupport v3". It's real name is SupportWorks which has a modular structure and includes the thing that is called "esupport".

V3 is a complete rewrite and completely different from v2.

I do not deal with companies who aren't upfront and honest about things.
    LOL!!

Tell me, do you call whmautopilot (see your sig) a honest company who are upfront?? If yes, I'm affraid you have a complete different meaning of honest and upfront so don't bash Kayako for developing the best ticket system.

Anyone who decided to drop eSupport for a buggy perldesk or an ugly cerberusweb, I wish you good luck with supporting your clients and explaining them how to use their ticketsystem.

Kayako is by far the best and most userfriendly system, and anyone who's dropping it cause of those few dollars needs to rethink very well

Kayako, you guys are the best! Thanks for this great product!

Originally posted by McRox
    [B]So what is SupportWorks??

There is no longer "eSupport v3". It's real name is SupportWorks which has a modular structure and includes the thing that is called "esupport".

V3 is a complete rewrite and completely different from v2.

LOL!!
    Maybe you should take a look at the new members area (members.kayako.net):

SupportSuite (Best Buy!)

The Ultimate Support tool, With integrated Live Support, Tickets and other popular modules, Starting from $39.95.
    Modules: Tickets + Live Support + Teamwork + Knowledgebase + Downloads + Troubleshooter + News

eSupport

Manage Emails, Collaborate, Share Documents.. Its never been this easier, Starting from $29.95.
    Modules: Tickets + Teamwork + Knowledgebase + Downloads + Troubleshooter + News

LiveResponse

Provide Realtime Live Support, Guide your visitors using ViewShare, Collaborate with Other Staff, Share Documents.. The most feature packed Live Support solution in market, Starting from $29.95.
    Modules: Live Support + Teamwork + Knowledgebase + Downloads + Troubleshooter + News
    It looks to me like there is still eSupport? SupportSuite (SupportWorks was the old name for it) is simply the name given to the product that includes both LiveResponse and eSupport - both eSupport and LiveResponse are still sold separately and when eSupport v2 users pay their $40 to upgrade to v3, they will be upgrading to eSupport v3 and not SupportSuite

Tell me, do you call whmautopilot (see your sig) a honest company who are upfront?? If yes, I'm affraid you have a complete different meaning of honest and upfront so don't bash Kayako for developing the best ticket system.
    While I of course have my own opinion about this, I don't really think a thread about Kayako is the appropriate place to discuss it
    Alasdair

It looks to me like there is still eSupport? SupportSuite (SupportWorks was the old name for it) is simply the name given to the product that includes both LiveResponse and eSupport - both eSupport and LiveResponse are still sold separately and when eSupport v2 users pay their $40 to upgrade to v3, they will be upgrading to eSupport v3 and not SupportSuite
    Thanks for correcting me, it's SupportSuite not SupportWorks.

Anyway, it is a different product as far as I know. SupportSuite has a ticketing module and live support module. They are sold separately, but it is still SupportSuite if you have eSupport only. The only difference is, is that you don't have the live support module in it and thus can use the ticketsystem only

EDIT: for anyone who thinks about going for any other solution than kayako, you're missing a very good ticket system.

Check out RC1 here running live @kayako

http://support.kayako.net
    Last edited by McRox; 07-13-2005 at 03:46 PM.

Originally posted by McRox

Anyway, it is a different product as far as I know. SupportSuite has a ticketing module and live support module. They are sold separately, but it is still SupportSuite if you have eSupport only. The only difference is, is that you don't have the live support module in it and thus can use the ticketsystem only
    The point I'm making is that they are still selling it as 'eSupport' and not 'SupportSuite minus the live chat' As such, surely the upgrade to v3 should still be covered under the 18 months upgrades included with an owned eSupport license? (obviously only if the user is still within their 18 months)
    Alasdair

The point I'm making is that they are still selling it as 'eSupport' and not 'SupportSuite minus the live chat' As such, surely the upgrade to v3 should still be covered under the 18 months upgrades included with an owned eSupport license? (obviously only if the user is still within their 18 months)
    There's no need to bash a company because their pricing structure does not fit to your special requirements

http://forums.kayako.com/showthread.php?t=3882

We will no longer be charging anything for v2 upgrades. You will continue to be able to download it, regardless of whether your Upgrade or Support period for it has expired.

Costs are the difference in amount you paid, So if you paid $349 for eSupport. You can upgrade to SupportSuite by paying just $150. This option is available in Members Area.

Let me make it clear, You are *not* bound to pay for Upgrades and Support. Once your Upgrade and Support period expires, You will be able to download the build and license key till that period. Any new updates after that will not be available.

So, you can discontinue this period unless untill you feel there is a major upgrade coming thats worth upgrading to. We will be releasing new versions every month with some excellent features that we have planned as we have a dedicated team of 3 PHP developers now and 1 Win32 Developer.

The 18 Months Upgrade policy applies to minor revisions, Version 3 is a complete rewrite in terms of code, architechture, structure, everything is different. It is to be very frank a completely different product. We are providing LiveResponse and eSupport just for the sake of providing upgrade path to our clients, Our plan was originally to sell just SupportSuite sole product.

I hope that clears everything up, I will be posting an Announcement shortly with Frequently Asked Questions.

Regards,

Varun Shoor
    SupportSuite (=! eSupport/LiveResponse) is one product!

It's not the pricing structure that bothers me - it's the principle of it. If I owned eSupport (and thankfully I decided not to purchase it and stayed with Cerberus) I would pay the $40 but by rather unhappy at the whole principle about it. Nowhere on their order form did it ever say anything about the 18 months upgrade policy only applying to minor product revisions, or that they were only valid for v2, or that it wouldn’t apply to v3. I much prefer companies who are upfront and honest with their users – and that’s something that in my opinion Kayako are not.
    Alasdair

It's not the pricing structure that bothers me - it's the principle of it. If I owned eSupport (and thankfully I decided not to purchase it and stayed with Cerberus) I would pay the $40 but by rather unhappy at the whole principle about it. Nowhere on their order form did it ever say anything about the 18 months upgrade policy only applying to minor product revisions, or that they were only valid for v2, or that it wouldn’t apply to v3. I much prefer companies who are upfront and honest with their users – and that’s something that in my opinion Kayako are not.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion, but AGAIN and for the last time, there is no such thing as eSupport V3. There is however SupportSuite V3..

The is absolutely a product called eSupport v3. I will quote from a post above that is a quote of their member area
    eSupport

Manage Emails, Collaborate, Share Documents.. Its never been this easier, Starting from $29.95.
    Modules: Tickets + Teamwork + Knowledgebase + Downloads + Troubleshooter + News
    As I stated in the Kayako forums, the money means absolutely nothing to me. We purchased the product 6.5 months ago and were promised by Hiren before ordering that we would get a free upgrade when v3 was released. We will be staying with Kayako since Cerberus is about the fugliest I've ever seen in my life, but I do not enjoy being lied to by a company.
    Doyle Lewis
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account

Originally posted by keliix06
    The is absolutely a product called eSupport v3. I will quote from a post above that is a quote of their member area

As I stated in the Kayako forums, the money means absolutely nothing to me. We purchased the product 6.5 months ago and were promised by Hiren before ordering that we would get a free upgrade when v3 was released. We will be staying with Kayako since Cerberus is about the fugliest I've ever seen in my life, but I do not enjoy being lied to by a company.
    Any person who has ordered the product within the past 6 months will receive a free extension for another 6 months, others will have to renew their upgrade period.
    The above is from Kayako's forums. You might be able to contact sales and see if you can get extended for another 6 months...
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

He's right. I bought in January, and was given the 6 month extension, with free upgrade to v3. Although I was told I'd get 18 months, and the upgrade when I bought, things change, and I'll deal. It's a great script, and does what I need. The "extra" 6 months I lost is nothing I'll lose sleep over.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

We bought right at the end of December, the 30th I believe. We have been trying to contact sales and Varun for a couple days but no luck yet. I was involved with the beta all the way through and absolutely loved the product. There are no questions it's amazing.
    Doyle Lewis