Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Overload.. need new host

Ok, hi.. first time here.. well iv been viewing the site for about 2years now and havent signed up.. dont no why.. anyways i am here now.

well my question is.. i run a reseller accont, but when i run 1 of my forums the resources get high.. the cpu and ram flashers red in cpanel. and then i have to end up suspending it untill a few hours.. but it keeps doing that all the time.. i get around 4000users every 3 hours or so, thats why its so high.. so anyways, could anyone recommend me some cheap hosting that i could host my forum on.. alot of b/w.. dont need much space.. and its up 24/7.. oh and i pay via paypal

thanks.

What's the URL to the forum? What type of forum (What type of content?)

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Hi C0rrupt,

Trying searching for forum hosting and then search for the reviews in popular web hosting review sites.

There are plenty of good host out there depending on your bandwidth requirements.
    TierHost
    Professional Web Hosting Services
    www.tierhost.com

Hi there,

What forum software do you use? If you've got that many visitors you really want to be using vBulletin as it's probably the lowest resource usage (decent) forum script out there.

If you are using vBulletin, you may wish to try asmallorange.com. They have a great reputation here and at vBulletin itself, and they have been known to do anything to help their vBulletin customers.

Good luck!

If you're running that on a shared host, you're lucky that you haven't got suspended yet. You should really look into a VPS solution.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

i dont no anything about a VBS server.. and i run a IPB forum.

VPS servers are easy, but most host shoudl be able to to work fine a reseller account and hosting a OK size forum.

How big is the forum?
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

He said he gets 4,000 users every 3 hours or so -- that's quite large.

I recommend the Power-2 or Power-3 package from www.powervps.com.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

You can be hosted on a large shared account, but better yet VPS.

VPS [Virtual Private Server] means you will be put on a server that only you + a few more people share. So you get more server resources to your site.

Good luck!

- Tomer
    Christmas time is among us, get your loved ones Designer Fragrances

c0rrupt,

VPS is the best solution for your forums, I would recommend taking a look at www.powervps.com or www.servint.com because they have a very good feedback on WHT.

Best of luck

Hmm, sounds good will have to find a good VBS cheap hosting..

Originally posted by c0rrupt
    Hmm, sounds good will have to find a good VBS cheap hosting..
    You'll definately find a cheap VPS but, it may not handle your situation as well as a more expensive VPS. In fact, a cheap VPS may have very little RAM and be sluggish at running just cPanel without any sites.

Be prepared to spend $50/mo and up for a decent VPS.

-GSV

im willing to spend $60-70 a month on it.. and i need atleast 500mb+ ram..

That is very very easy to get for that price...you could probally find a low end dedicated server for that price...
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

im willing to spend $60-70 a month on it.. and i need atleast 500mb+ ram..
    For $84/mo you can get a VPS from www.powervps.com with 512MB RAM. That includes a free liscense for ClientExec, Fantastico, and cPanel of course.

http://powervps.com/cpanel-vps.php

If it's cPanel >> cPanel they'll probably help you move your site for you too!

-GSV

elix is absolutely correct - chances are you would have issues in almost any shared environment - especially in a non clustered environment - Just out of curiosity - how many simultaneous connections do you have if youre getting 1000 + users and hour - also - how much bandwith are you chewing through?
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

threw all my sites (4) iv used 70gb of b/w in 2 weeks.. so work that out

and that hosting dont have much b/w or anything.. for the cost of it

threw all my sites (4) iv used 70gb of b/w in 2 weeks.. so work that out

and that hosting dont have much b/w or anything.. for the cost of it
    Well they're running a specal where you can get 100GB extra if that helps at all.

By the way, your site isn't even working half the time as you stated, what use is high bandwidth when your site isn't even going to work? Hosts who give you a ton of bandwidth are massively overselling and don't even expect you to use that much.

You get what you pay for!

-GSV

i carnt be doing with paying more costs on it.. i just need to find the right thing. without anymore things i have to pay out for like.. like WHM, more b/w.. etc

i carnt be doing with paying more costs on it.. i just need to find the right thing. without anymore things i have to pay out for like.. like WHM, more b/w.. etc
    cPanel/WHM is free on the PowerVPS that I showed you. You're getting 350GB of bandwidth on the Power-2 plan if you gor the special. You're also getting ClientExec along with RvSkin for free (with the special), what's the problem here?

-GSV

CPANEL POWER-2

you dont get that much b/w for cost of it i could get a decated server with 1000gb of b/w and a 80gb hd.. etc

CPANEL POWER-2

you dont get that much b/w for cost of it i could get a decated server with 1000gb of b/w and a 80gb hd.. etc
    With a dedicated server:

1. You wouldn't be having RAID.
    2. You won't be getting full management for the same price. You're basically getting that with PowerVPS.
    3. You won't be getting daily backups.
    4. cPanel is going to cost you an extra $20-30/month too.

(above comparison is with the given cost)

If you have no experience with a dedicated server and jump into getting one (unmanaged) you'd be better off just closing your site, IMHO.

It's always a disaster when someone jumps into an unmanaged dedicated server.

All I'm trying to say is, don't compare an unmanaged dedicated server to a VPS that includes management, daily backups, RAID, and free cPanel.

The VPS is much better for you. If all you care about is bandwidth, then you aren't going to go very far.

Take it from me, I have years and years of experience in this industry and have been in the same position.

HTH

-GSV

well.. i could get the server done fine.. a dedicated site is owned by one of my mates..

http://xrd-networks.com
    http://godedicated.nl

and there servers are very cheap..

so i dont no.. its fustrating me, lol

well.. i could get the server done fine.. a decated site is owned by one of my mates..

http://xrd-networks.com
    http://godedicated.nl

and there servers are very cheap..

so i dont no.. its fustrating me, lol
    Regardless if that site is your friend's or not, you should remember that you get what you pay for. Pay less, get less. Pay more, get more. When I saw more, I mean better service, not more bandwidth...Look at what I wrote above. Daily backups, RAID, full management, free cPanel, you get all that with the VPS, but you don't get any of that with the servers you showed me.

-GSV

yes but its not up to my needs.. there isent anoth b/w.. and i carnt afford ner on $90 each month for somthing like that.. i would probley pay $60 or so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast