Warning: Do not do business with Chris Gwynne

I Repeat do not do business with Chris Gywnne the owner of http://www.chrisgwynne.com

I payed Chris to code me a skin, he agreed and asked for a downpayment of $50 so i sent him the money through paypal. Later that same day(sunday) i told him i need the skin ready and coded by Wednesday, he agreed and so did i.
    Wednesday came, he said he'll have the skin ready at 10PM so i waited, 9PM came and i asked him if he finished it yet he said theres one more hour to go so i waited more and 10PM finally came and guess what he went offline lmao. The day after that i asked him if he finished the skin, he said his finishing off some minor details then went offline. Friday came and i said im deducting $10 off his next payment, he agreed and then went offline. Sataurday came and he said his gonna finish it today, i needed to go offline so i said email it to me he agreed so i went offline, came back online on sunday and i had recieved no mail from Chris so i IM'ed him like 40 times over AIM and MSN Messenger telling him to give me a refund but he never did and still hasn't till this day.

Chris is a mod on yaxay if i'm correct? Very worrying to hear that someone with such a high position is conducting business like this.....iNet need to look into this one.

<<Snipped unrelated reference>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-11-2005 at 06:30 PM.

That stinks.. just wondering the link you have noted is that His site or yours?? There is nothing there when you click on link except something about him being AWOL

I hope you get this worked out it is sad to lose even $50

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hey thanks Robert, thats his portfolio website.

Originally posted by hyproVision
    Hey thanks Robert, thats his portfolio website.

Looks like someone is hiding or something.. interesting.
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Date Registered: 09-22-2002
    Contact Chris Gwynne: Send a message via email to Chris Gwynne
    Send a private message to Chris Gwynne
    Birthday: October 26, 1985
    Homepage: http://www.fexboards.com/
    ICQ Number:
    AOL Instant Messenger Handleend a message via AIM to Chris Gwynne wiredpixelcom
    MSN Messener: Send a message via MSN to Chris Gwynne [email protected]
    Yahoo Instant Messenger Handleend a message via Yahoo to Chris Gwynne fexchild
    Group Memberships
    Chris Gwynne is not a member of any public groups
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

How did you pay?
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

Originally posted by Sheps
    How did you pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by HyproVision
    ...so i sent him the money through paypal.
    I think I will wait and see if Chris has another side of the story before I judge.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Just to tell you people i'm not trying to get anyone on my side i'm only stating the truth.

If you paid through Paypal contact their support to let them know what has happened and if you paid using a credit card just tell your bank to cancel the payment.

I along with 2 other people filed a complaint already, i do not use a credit card so i'll have to wait and see what happens.

i've seen him selling templates on sitepoint ;-) in the past 2 weeks

He probably spent the money and now trying urgently to get it back. His currently banned on yaXay and talkfreelance.com