Colocation in northern california.

After searching on google and WHT for months I have not found any information so I ask the extremely knowledgeable people on this forum for help.
    I am looking for colo near as possible to San Francisco but, I am willing to travel as far as San Jose. (I would prefer not to go that far.) At the present moment I only require 1-2u of space and 1200+ GB of bandwidth. I do not have much to spend but, I also realize that the SF area isn't cheap. Please give me any and all companies that your know of.
    Thank you in advance.

PS: I would like to have an easy option to upgrade in the near future to a larger space i.e. 1/3 , 1/2 rack
    Last edited by kamhp; 07-11-2005 at 04:51 PM.

Check out Ethr.net

Hello,

Could you please check the following link
    -----------------------------------
    http://nectartech.com
    -----------------------------------

I recommend nectartech.com. They are located Â_in the Market Post Tower
    building and specialize in co-location at San Jose. Â_

With regards,
    Bijo

I know there's ColoServ.com in san franny and a few other hosts in Sacramento. Any further south and you're no longer in Northern California.
    Adam - AQORN
    Official OpenStack Foundation Member, Corporate Sponsor and AI Research Team
    Our Clients: Facebook | Red Hat | Starbucks | AT&T | HPE | NVIDIA | CrowdStrike | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu

In the Bay Area, you basically have three options:

San Francisco
    San Jose/Santa Clara/Fremont
    Sacramento

And maybe a couple in Oakland.

That's it for Northern California.

I know of coloserve and jmawired in san francisco. he.net and one other whos name I can't remember in fremont, and then in SJ I can't think of any at the moment. I know of some datacenters in nocal but can't find many companies that are selling by the u.

i am also looking for _good_ colo in SF, or maybe LA, and am finding plenty of carrier-neutral datacenters to go direct with (not for me) and plenty of small colo shops with 1 or 2 transit providers (not for me), but no shops reselling space at a carrier-neutral dc AND providing blended bandwidth from 3-5 tier 1 transit providers.

its downright diappointing.
    George Donnelly / Systems Administrator
    High Speed Rails inc. / FOSS Hosting
    http://highspeedrails.com
    "Linux is Luke. FreeBSD is Yoda."

I really would like to have colo in San Francisco so I wouldn't have to drive out to fremont and SJ, in a time critical situation a 15 min drive across the city is nothing compared to a 1-1.5 hour drive to another location.

Check out Navisite. They have facilities in both San Francisco and San Jose.

Kamhp,

Did you find what you are looking for yet or are you still searching?