Looking for multiple IP hosting

Hi, I'm looking for a hosting company that offers multiple-domain, multiple-IP hosting accounts, with a "normal" control panel like cpanel. This is just for hosting my own sites- I just don't want them all on one IP / server, and don't want the hassle of a separate hosting account for each.

Hostland.com has something close to this, but they have their own control panel that seems to be lacking some things. When you add a site there, it gets assigned to one of their many servers, rather than you having a chunk of space all on one server, like most hosts provide.

There has to be someone else providing this service, but my searches keep finding fixed (single) IP hosting. I want the opposite of that.

And no, I'm not expecting to be the only user on all these IPs- I just want my sites spread around different ones.

Thanks.

alot of hosts require you to specify a reason for having a dedicated ip these days because they have to jstify them.

have you looked at jodohost.com

they are quite good and with IP Addresses, ho many are you looking at needing?

what actual diesk space and band width are you looking for.
    E:magineHosts (Department Of E:magine Limited)
    emagine the possibilities
    Aaron - CTO, founder & Director Of Technical Support/Customer Support/Technology of E:magine Limited
    Windows,Linux, VPS Hosting environments

> alot of hosts require you to specify a reason for having a dedicated ip these days because they have to jstify them.

I'm NOT looking for a dedicated IP!

Like I said, "I'm not expecting to be the only user on all these IPs- I just want my sites spread around different ones."

In other words, I don't want my account to be one block of space on one server with one IP.

(BTW, if I *DID* want a dedicated IP, I shouldn't have to explain why to some host. It's none of their business, and is a feature they usually charge for anyway. If they can't understand why someone would want one, then they don't understand business too well.)

Originally posted by flyer727
    [B]BTW, if I *DID* want a dedicated IP, I shouldn't have to explain why to some host. It's none of their business, and is a feature they usually charge for anyway. If they can't understand why someone would want one, then they don't understand business too well.
    Their request for this information has to do with ARIN requirements, its not because they want to know your business.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

I understand the reason for this preference of yours is to please Google....
    Why not make it easy on yourself, open several accounts with different web hosts instead?
    I have my doubts you will find a host that can accomodate you over several IP blocks.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

> I have my doubts you will find a host that can accomodate you over several IP blocks.

Why is that, when I've already named one that does it?

> Why not make it easy on yourself, open several accounts with different web hosts instead?

Uh, because keeping track of 20 or 50 separate accounts is a major pain?

flyer727, everyone was just trying to help you as best they could. When someone's offering a helping hand/advice, even if it's not as helpful as you wanted it to be, it's good to have an appropriate attitude when replying. Otherwise, you might scare that person who can really help.

> I have my doubts you will find a host that can accomodate you over several IP blocks.

Why is that, when I've already named one that does it?

> Why not make it easy on yourself, open several accounts with different web hosts instead?

Uh, because keeping track of 20 or 50 separate accounts is a major pain?
    So, you're looking for a host that has servers in 20 or 50 different blocks? Just an FYI, I dought you'll be able to manage all these sites in one control panel. They would all probably be seperate accounts on seperate servers.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

If you don't mind my asking, why do you want to have multiple IPs if you don't want a dedicated IPs?

I'm wondering what issue this scheme addresses. Maybe there's some other solution for it that's gives you more options.

**edit**
    Oops! Just noticed the response about pleasing Google.

Never mind
    Last edited by RoboGnome; 07-11-2005 at 07:18 PM.

(BTW, if I *DID* want a dedicated IP, I shouldn't have to explain why to some host. It's none of their business, and is a feature they usually charge for anyway. If they can't understand why someone would want one, then they don't understand business too well.)
    While I do understand your request in detail, and dont think any of it is unreasonable, this response makes you look snappy, and arrogant, which is really the last thing you want to come off as. IP usage is your providers business, unless you provider is blatently neglegent, or small time. ARIN regulates IP delegation for North America, if you live within North America, you play by their rules, plain and simple, and they have rules set in place for a reason (and they're quite firm on the inappropriateness of IP based hosting where no technical justification backs it).

Needless to say, I see one flaw in the request. Stop and take a peek at this from a providers point of view, isn't this something providers would love to sell as a feature to their customers? Heck yes, the problem here is, it doesen't exist with any of the "normal" control panels, because the control panels do not support it.

Your best bet might be to find a larger reseller host, and ask for a custom tailored package, where you have numerous reseller accounts spread over numerous servers. You wont get a central management point, but its closer then nothing. Aside from that, bug CPanel/Plesk/Ensim, etc. to implament redundant clustering (as redundant clustering is frankly more important IMHO then account clustering without redundancy).

Wow, there's one hosting company to cross off the list. That's the kind of attitude I don't need- I'm the customer, not a low-level employee, and I need a host that understands that.

I love how people are saying this isn't possible even after I mentioned there is at least one company offering it.

I know others who are looking for this type of hosting as well.

Wow, there's one hosting company to cross off the list. That's the kind of attitude I don't need- I'm the customer, not a low-level employee, and I need a host that understands that.

I love how people are saying this isn't possible even after I mentioned there is at least one company offering it.

I know others who are looking for this type of hosting as well.
    Assuming you're referring to my post, what kind of attitude is that specifically? You prefer hosts that would lie to you (in both attitude, and in the reality of a situation, such as IP delegation)? Or simply one where "the customer is always right" (which is rarely the case, people pay the big money to various hosts, to ensure that things are right, not for a bunch of "yes sir" men; After all, you wouldn't tell a doctor how to perform your open heart surgery would you?).

I think I missed which host was offering this under a CPanel based solution (which was the point I was attempting to drive home), as I'd love to know how they're doing it (as noted, this is something I'm sure many hosting companies would love to get into).

Remember, the customer is always right, at Burger King, and even then its often false advertising .

Jeez, Flyer. Cool down. Your burning good will like there's no tomorrow. Count to 10 or maybe 100 before hitting submit.

I've had bad days myself, so take me at my word, you will read this thread a few weeks from now and wish they would just fall into the bit bucket. But they won't for a very long time.

So many replies, so little info...

So many replies, so little info...

Can you please fill us in to which host provides this service off the CPanel platform? Inquiring minds want to know (primarily to see how they put it together).

I can understand why you want multiple ips across multiple servers. It has to do with redundenct incase one server goes down you have another to back it up. small problem though multiple ips will not nessesary get you that redundecy in case one nic card goes out you will have others to back it up. But i would be more worried about the CPU being overloaded and shutting down some services.

I would recomend finding a host that speshalises in cluster hosting. but be prepared to pay for it becouse this is usualy not a normal request most pepole are ok with the 1 ip and multiple DNS servers.