Need recommendations on a good Windows host...

I need a reliable Windows web host for my .ASP files. Basically, I need a host that is affordable, allows me to pay for it monthly, and also allows the use of CDO (email functions under ASP). Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

~ Rich

EDIT:

Whoops! Sorry! I just read the rules, I guess this isn't allowed. I'm very sorry if this violates the rules. :-\ Moderators can delete this thread.
    Last edited by TerranRich; 07-11-2005 at 12:04 PM.

As far as I know looking for suggestions isn't against the rules. If you had posted "I'm looking for ASP hosting, 2Gb bandwidth for $10/month" that would be construed as a request, which is against the rules. But I see nothing wrong with what you've posted here.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

agreee with CTG,

what sprt of space and badwidth are you looking at, also buget , the main thing.

what location are you looking at?

whats the site for?

i would recommend jodohost, and recommend staying away from 1&1
    E:magineHosts (Department Of E:magine Limited)
    emagine the possibilities
    Aaron - CTO, founder & Director Of Technical Support/Customer Support/Technology of E:magine Limited
    Windows,Linux, VPS Hosting environments

I'm not looking for much space, it's only for ASP files (the bulk of my site, downloadable files and such, is on another host), and bandwidth doesn't need to be that much, maybe 1-5 GB. I'm in the U.S., but location usually isn't a problem for me. And the site is a membership site (free), for downloading wrestling themes. I need CDO so I can emal members a confirmation URL to confirm their email address and email them their password, stuff like that.

You may want to check out http://www.wehostwebpages.com.

They run a tight ship and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Tracy Phillips

I don't see anything about CDO on their site. Are you sure they support it? It seems like nobody does.

when you say cdo do you mean CDONTS only or CDOSYS

as CDOSYS is the new version of CDONTS

it comes with win2003 so most likly supported, drop the hosts an email if need be and ask them, you can also get a flavour for the support etc
    E:magineHosts (Department Of E:magine Limited)
    emagine the possibilities
    Aaron - CTO, founder & Director Of Technical Support/Customer Support/Technology of E:magine Limited
    Windows,Linux, VPS Hosting environments

Good idea. And yes, I mean CDOSYS, as I know that CDONTS has been dropped from Win 2000, XP, and 2003.

I'm looking into Relio right now, as they seem affordable. They don't have CDOSYS right now, but assure me that they're having a senior tech look into it and they'll update me ASAP regarding the matter.

Thanks guys.

Yes, I am sure http://www.wehostwebpages.com offers cdosys on windows 2003.

Tracy Phillips

Yes, our servers support CDOSYS.

Awesome. However, I'm sorry to say, I already decided on www.relio.com. Not only is their basic plan only $10 a month, but they decded to implement CDOSYS just for me. Apparently their manager used to live in the city right next to me.

How is that for luck? But if it hadn't been for that twist of fate, I would have definitely signed up with WHW. Thank you guys, very much.