Who should I transfer my domain to?

Hia,

I transfered my domain to xreg, mainly because they have online DNS editing, so I could create my own sub domains etc.

This is where the problem started, it transfered okay, and then sat there with a synchronising domain status. That was way over 2 months ago. They have ignored my tickets and emails to them.
    A customer of mine also tried to get a domain with them, they happily took the money off her but did nothing else. She has now got the domain with hostway.co.uk, and that went through okay.

I'm pretty annoyed with xreg now and am going to transfer my domain somewhere else.

Can any of you give me any advice on who I can transfer it to, I must be able to edit the DNS myself. Any ideas?

TTFN,
    Clare.

there is alot of places where u can go with, most registrars/resellers now offer free dns with your domain

if you wish to stay there and use free dns hosting thats also possible.

is it a .com or .co.uk domain?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

If you have a number of domains to manage, it'd probably be worth you getting something like an enom reseller account - reasonable priced registrations/renewals and complete control over dns etc
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Originally posted by Bashar
    there is alot of places where u can go with, most registrars/resellers now offer free dns with your domain

if you wish to stay there and use free dns hosting thats also possible.

is it a .com or .co.uk domain?
    Hia,

Thanks for the fast responce.

The domain in question is a .co.uk domain. And I have another already registered with Xreg which is also a .co.uk domain. hen I find somewhere better I will move my domains to them ASAP.

Byeee for now,
    Clare.

I think it will be a good idea to move it to Registerfly
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Originally posted by maxo
    I think it will be a good idea to move it to Registerfly
    And I think it is a bad idea to move it to registerfly or any other Enom type service as there is know issues and problems with .co.uk and any other UK ( Nominet) domain.

Look to using a recognised UK tagholder who provides the service you need for your domains, you will be glad you did in the end.
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

you can always use one of the free dns services out there
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Goldwing
    And I think it is a bad idea to move it to registerfly or any other Enom type service as there is know issues and problems with .co.uk and any other UK ( Nominet) domain.

Look to using a recognised UK tagholder who provides the service you need for your domains, you will be glad you did in the end.
    I was thinking of Enom but then I realised it's a U.S. Company. I still haven't found a UK Company that does what I need yet.

I have some news though, I contacted Nominet via Email and got a reply, saying that they had a telephone number for Coveria. I rang it and got a sort of message service. The girl on the other end said that Coveria were having a meeting tomorrow (Which is today) and she will pass my message on to them and to contact me as a matter of urgency. I'm not going to hold my breath here as I rekon on the grand scale of things I'm pretty small fry on their huge plate of fish. I will keep you up to date.

Another point is, if I do find a good company to use for my domains, I will still have to contact Coveria to tell them to release my tag and who to set it to. And they are ignoring everyone at present. Looks like I may have to get Nominet to intervene.

Clare.

My brother (who lives in Taiwan) has a domain registered with easyspace.com (which is based in U.K.).
    As far as I know, I don't think he has any problems with it. He doesn't use it for very much, so I don't know anything about their features.

For com net org RegisterFly is great, for co.uk go with a local provider they would be your best bet
    Domain Maven

I have heard bad things about RegisterFly.

What about eurodns.com, has anyone had any dealings with these guys?

Seems like I was wrong about Registerfly and .co.uk
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.