Cool Australian Birdwatching

http://www.mrcodedude.com/pix/102004/abirding.png

You can view the two pages I've created here:
    http://www.michaelbrim.com/projects/abirding/
    user: talk
    pass: freelance

The problem is, the client wants me to change the colors to match this painting he has:

http://www.mrcodedude.com/pix/102004/DSC09304.JPG

Any ideas?

BTW, the top graphic is just filler. It's not going to be the final one.

red is the colour of anger...I like it how it is, green reminds me of grass so suitble for birds
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

I think red is too vibrant of a color to use in excess. But alas, I do what the client wants

The site with the green colors look really nice. Maybe you can incorporate the red color in places as accents? Hopefully they won't push to have it as a main color because it may end up too bold. I just see bird watching as a calm activity so the greens fit it well. The red may be too much.

Good luck!
    Pamela
    Skyco Holdings, inc.
    DBA:cozoe.com - Web and Graphics Design

Maybe instead of the yellow bird below the menu text have a separate graphic relative to the section and I feel it needs a photo of some sort somewhere, a tree, soaring bird in the sky or something.

The requested style\picture is very red, you probably could convert the whole page to that colour but as commented earlier it will affect that calm\nature feel with the green. Caution with an additional pinch of a red as you will get drawn to it instantly, though it may work well.
    I also assume it's not actually for Australians since its not in english, else the text must be temporary.

Originally posted by Rohan-m6.net
    Maybe instead of the yellow bird below the menu text have a separate graphic relative to the section and I feel it needs a photo of some sort somewhere, a tree, soaring bird in the sky or something.
    Yeah, that text is just filler. I should probably have put a picture or two on the front page though along with the text. And I thought of doing instead of a bird, doing something that relates to the item, but decided against it because the main focus of the sight is birdwatching.

Caution with an additional pinch of a red as you will get drawn to it instantly, though it may work well.
    That was the exact problem I was running into. I tried using the red with the yellow dots as the background for the left bar, but it became too distracting.

I also assume it's not actually for Australians since its not in english, else the text must be temporary.
    Lorem Ipsum is filler text. It's Latin.
    Last edited by MrCodeDude; 07-13-2005 at 08:12 PM.