Thread: paypal q?

paypal q?

as you may or may not no i am making an online bank system and i have already set-up a pay in paypal form(http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/web...em&amount=1.99)but i was wondering how do i accept credit card payments is there a site that has a form just like paypal maybe a card company has a form?
    Last edited by michael-lane; 07-11-2005 at 03:50 AM.

You need a gateway provider.

Some examples include Authorize.net and 2checkout.com.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

ive heard of escrow.com r they the same?

I would recommend 2checkout.com if you are looking to pay less money per month but have less control.

If you want complete control, I would recommend Authorize.net but it's more expensive.

I like Authorize.net best.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

why would it cost to accept very small credit card payments? and do 2checkout.com require credit card set-up cause i want from credit card to my paypal account

I would go with authorize.net over 2co anyday. 2co is like 4.5 or 4.9 % per transaction when authorize you can get it for about 2.3%. Yes Authorize.net does cost about $25 per month, but still better if you have alot of transactions.

Originally posted by BlackDemon
    I would go with authorize.net over 2co anyday. 2co is like 4.5 or 4.9 % per transaction when authorize you can get it for about 2.3%. Yes Authorize.net does cost about $25 per month, but still better if you have alot of transactions.
    Authorize.net cost's about 50 a month after all the fee's are set and done.

2co is cheaper to start with b/c it's less money down.

Originally posted by maddudemike
    why would it cost to accept very small credit card payments? and do 2checkout.com require credit card set-up cause i want from credit card to my paypal account
    If you want it to go to your paypal account, paypal can accept credit cards (without the person having to sign up now). The only catch is that it cannot be recurring billing.

Im not here to argue with you Im just trying to help him with his questions. lol

This thread was almost getting outta hand .. hehehehe ... intresting thread anyway ..

surely theres a free script

Authorize is not a script, its a gateway, yes there are many scripts that you integrate into your site to except credit cards, but you must have someone to process those credit cards for you (a merchant).

Can you give some example on gateway provider?

i really dont get this right so i have to pay to recieve really small 1.00 payments, theres no point then. *Doesnt bother with hosting company*