anyone going to watch the shuttle launch live?

I plan on driving down to see this one.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

I didn't even know one was launching. :/

Re: anyone going to watch the shuttle launch live?

Originally posted by sailor
    I plan on driving down to see this one.
    Yes let's hope the weather gets better in Florida.

Meanwhile, forecasters at the hurricane center were monitoring another tropical system that appeared headed for the Caribbean Sea, Mayfield said.

Tropical depression 5 formed off the western coast of Africa and could drift into the Caribbean within four days, Mayfield said.

If it develops into a tropical storm, the system would be named Emily -- the fifth named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season.

"They're just moving off like clockwork here," Mayfield said.

Dennis' formation on July 5 made that the earliest date on record that four named storms formed in the Atlantic basin, the hurricane center said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/...her/index.html
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

I dont really have time to see that.

Welp.. pack your bags for Saturday or later:

NASA: Launch delayed until at least Saturday
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

They are not flying for real....

its going to be faked like last time....

Peace,
    jkin
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I plan to walk outside to see it. Here on the spacecoast (Brevard County, FL) you can see the shuttle launches with a simple walk into the front yard. Although, any launch is amazing to witness the nighttime launches were always particularly spectacular. Unfortunately, they've decided against nighttime launches in the future due to safety concerns.

Back when I lived down in Florida I would often go. While you can view it from anywhere in the space coast area, nothing beats getting into the KSC viewing areas. Best of all is the VIP area which I was able to get into for the first flight. You see the engines ignite, then you feel the ground shake and just around the time you actually see it lift off the pressure wave hits you from ignition. The power is incredible.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

They've called it off until Monday. Shame

I won't get to see it because I am a 3 hours different in clock time from Florida.

Originally posted by trau
    Back when I lived down in Florida I would often go. While you can view it from anywhere in the space coast area, nothing beats getting into the KSC viewing areas. Best of all is the VIP area which I was able to get into for the first flight. You see the engines ignite, then you feel the ground shake and just around the time you actually see it lift off the pressure wave hits you from ignition. The power is incredible.
    how do you get a pass to see it?
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

For the first flight I was still in school, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, my friend was a photographer for the school paper. He got a hold of a press pass for the two of us, at that time the press area was around the front of the VIP viewing stands.
    The other times I went I just had a regular spectator pass which let you go to the viewing area (by the big clock) which is about another 1.5 miles further away from the VIP area. If you write to the KSC you can still get vehicle passes for upcoming launches.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by sailor
    how do you get a pass to see it?
    The KSC visitor center sells tickets to the park for 'launch days' which allows you on to the actual KSC property. Even better, your congressional representatives can request one level of VIP tickets for you. The best of the best VIP tickets come from having connections with the astronauts.