Need help on quote...

Hi there,

A friend from US is asking me to transfer a website from a shared account to his own server. The site is written in ASP, but I will only have FTP access for it.

Firstly, I have to transfer the files to a temporary location with a domain, then setup the final destination with new domain name.

He is asking how much would I ask per hour and the maximum I would take to finish the job.

I think I could finish it within 24 hours but how much shall I ask?

Thanks...

ooops

I thought I am posting in WebHosting Lounge.

Mods, please kindly move this thread!!!

moved
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

And any advice?

Re: Need help on quote...

Originally posted by Dark_Coder
    but how much shall I ask?
    How much do you think your worth?
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

arghhh

$20 per hour? But I still can't think of how much that job worths

Depends on how good of a freind, if it was a close enough friend I would do it for free. You have not really given us much information as far as moving emails, databases and other things which come into play when moving accounts from server to server.

Depending on what control panel there may be a transfer option that does this all automatically for you.

If it is very complex I would definately not give him a quote as to what the total is but charge per hour as things like this can become complex again depending on how advanced his setup is.

OKI-Paul,

The only access I will have is FTP. And I still don't know what problems would arise when moving it.

Ok you say your worth 20 an hour so charge that, then you have to think if he is going to be able to pay it may take 10 hours so thats 200 tell him up front of the cost so he can back out if need be.....

Oh and dont go adding things in if it gets a little harder than you imagined stick to what you quote him....