SMTP outgoing IP and spam

Hello!

I got windows dedicated server with 3 IPs:
    22.22.22.5 = primary default ip. 22-22-22-5.server.dedicatedprovider.com
    22.22.22.6 = domain1.com=mail.domain1.com
    22.22.22.7 = domain2.com=mail.domain2.com
    (ps: PTR does exists for all ips)

The primary IP address bound to the external interface of the Mail Server is always used and mail going to Bulk folder at Yahoo and Junk folder at Hotmail.

I need to bind a specific IP address.
    For example: outgoing ip for @domain1.com mail must be 22.22.22.6 (not default 22.22.22.5).
    This is an important issue because many benighted network admins will use reverse lookups on their SMTP servers as a very crude and ineffective method of spam control.

How to do it with IIS SMTP server?
    May be it's possible to configure mail server to send mail to Inbox folder anyway?

ps: could you please suggest any mail server software for windows?

Thank you.

No matter how you do it with Windows, outgoing traffic will always come from the primary IP on the machine.

My suggestion is change the machines default IP if it's causing problems.

Dan

Incorrect.
    I can connect from any ip from ip addresses list in "Advanced TCP/IP settings" by using my programm:
    bind(any_my_ip);
    connect(remote_ip);

Originally posted by note560book
    Incorrect.
    I can connect from any ip from ip addresses list in "Advanced TCP/IP settings" by using my programm:
    bind(any_my_ip);
    connect(remote_ip);
    Right, you're specifying an address as opposed to 0 (INADDR_ANY). The question isn't as to whether or not it's possible to do it programatically, but whether it's something that IIS will do. AFAIK, IIS creates all of it's outbound connections using INADDR_ANY.

You might *try* changing the bound IP address from "All Unassigned" to the address you want, but I believe that only sets which address gets used for the call to listen/it's WSA equivilent.

Other options:

www.sendmail.com
    www.ipswitch.com
    http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/col...ion/index.html

OpenWave used to have post.office (when they were Software.com), but they seem to have gone and ditched it. IpSwitch's Collab. suite is based on iMail. Which *used* to lack quite a bit, I've not looked at it since it became "Collaboration suite."

Then, of course, there is SPLA Exchange.

Have you asked your provider to change that PTR record? That might be the easist solution.