* fully automated virtual hosting solution needed... please read...

Hello,

i have a dedicated server from fasthosts, ds800 running fedora with a 2mbps dedicated pipe. I want to start selling virtual hosting plans on this server! The only thing is i havent a clue how to do it. I have only two requirements, 1, that the system be fully automated from payment to account set up and rebilling, and 2, that it costs very little to set up.

If anyone out there would like to help me out i would appreciate it, and i am sure i can sort out some webspace for ya at no cost to yourself.

The reason i want to do this is because i got this server because i was due for an upgrade anyway, however i dont get enough work for webdesign to justify the cost of keeping this size server so i thought whilst i have it, i could mabe sell 10 - 15 virtual accounts or something and if it takes off i will just upgrade the server. I dont want to be too expensive, if you goto my site and goto hosting plans you can see what i am aiming to charge.

Thanks for reading and i hope and pray someone out there can help me out.

thanks again

adam
    you can email me directly at: adamo@honeybeewebdesign.com

I think there is no way to do that with fasthosts control panel, you need to use a third party control tool like cpanel (cpanel.net) then get a hosting automation script like WHMautopilot to automate web hosting system.

this is the answer for your question, but if you do not plan to sell hosting (as business) then why you want "automation"? you can create accounts manually using any control panel (including fasthosts tool)

hi thanks for the reply, i would like to sell hosting but not just soley hosting, this is the reason behind the automation, i want to concentrate on other things too.

Have you used this kind of system before? how could i implement it onto my server?

WHMAutopilot can be fully automated but it's not recommended.
    You will be opening your server up to all kinds of fraud and spam.

Do you have any suggestions on what i could use then?

You could consider ModernBill to handle billing and, upon verificate of billing clearing their credit card, auto-create the account.

This addresses creation, but there are limitations to complete management. Nothing out there will remove you from the picture completely, but at least you can minimize time spent...at best.
    Ashworth Consulting
    Dedicated Servers / Reseller Web Hosting / Web Hosting
    Network: The Planet, TX

I do not think you will find any automaticon script work with fasthosts control tool, you may ask them for API and develop something yourself.

Originally posted by italianninja
    Do you have any suggestions on what i could use then?

I would still recommend WHMautopilot but I would set it to manually create the accounts on the server.

It's only a matter of an extra click in the control panel and you can verify account sign ups before your allow access to them.

fasthosts use matrix control panel. i have full access to my server so anything is possible i suppose!

in order for me to use cpanel and whmautopilot i would have to wipe my server and start over? i couldnt do this on my own for sure!

is there no way around this?

in order for me to use cpanel and whmautopilot i would have to wipe my server and start over? i couldnt do this on my own for sure!

thats what I'm saying, to use any script mentioned in that thread, you need to wipe your server and start from scratch and because i know its not worth it I suggested to ask for API and best of all just forget about autmation thing

so if i forget about the automation thing how can i resell virtual accounts?

Huh????????

Why would you have to wipe your server and start over?

Edit:

Disregard. I missed the post about the Fasthost control panel.

i dunno, im getting confused.

Isn't the entire point of the MB modules to allow for creation/deletion?...combined with billing automation?

I mentioned this, but it seems to have been discarded as an option...curious why

I have never used whmautopilot before...does it handle everything he's asking or just signups...not billing too.
    Ashworth Consulting
    Dedicated Servers / Reseller Web Hosting / Web Hosting
    Network: The Planet, TX

the point is in order to use these auto mation systems i need cpanel, in order for me to use cpanel i have to format my current setup, install cpanel as my primary control panel instead of the one i have from my host and then install whmautopilot

otherwise it would mean me running my control panel, cpanel on top of that and whmautopilot with cpanel. if anyone knows how i can do the latter then great!

I want to start selling virtual hosting plans on this server! The only thing is i havent a clue how to do it. I have only two requirements, 1, that the system be fully automated from payment to account set up and rebilling, and 2, that it costs very little to set up.
    This, by definition is hsphere - 1 time per license fee ($3.00-$4.50) with 25 minimum purchase. Really the only single solution that allows for the automation you are looking for
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

the point is in order to use these auto mation systems i need cpanel, in order for me to use cpanel i have to format my current setup, install cpanel as my primary control panel instead of the one i have from my host and then install whmautopilot

otherwise it would mean me running my control panel, cpanel on top of that and whmautopilot with cpanel. if anyone knows how i can do the latter then great!