elitehosting.biz hosts warez.

Stay away from these people.

They are hosting warez sites, such as <<< removed >>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 07-10-2005 at 01:14 PM.

What's worse? Them hosting it or you providing everyone with a link to the warez site?

Nice blue27 LOL

Yeah, aren't we supposed to not post that?

Also, how does transverse know this? I wouldn't think the host would just give up that information...for fear of ruining their reputation.
    Ashworth Consulting
    Dedicated Servers / Reseller Web Hosting / Web Hosting
    Network: The Planet, TX

It's in the Whois information.

Arrow elitehosting.biz hosts warez.

What is the point of your post? To warn people or give them a tip about where to host?

Re: elitehosting.biz hosts warez.

Originally posted by transverse
    Stay away from these people.

They are hosting warez sites, such as <<< removed >>>
    And, what did they say when you contacted them?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I am unaware of any warez hosting website... I already removed 3 of them. Please do not bash our company because some of 1 warez site.

Please PM me the link to the warez website and I will investigate it.
    -Jay, Dermp Hosting Manager
    Use the coupon "WHT" and SAVE 75% off the first month on any plan!

Oh, your talking about name hidden? You already contacted me on this Transverse. I forced them to remove your template and they did.

Anything else?

Yea that is a pretty pointless post. Even after every fraud checking method there is out there people are still not legit. There is a several hundred page post here about a medistar guy who would sign up hosting and spam from hosts. In every one of his signups he passed every fraud test there was so lots of hosts got scammed.

The intelligent thing to do when you find something like this is send a simple note to the hosts support address or ticket system. That helps the hosting industry weed out the scammers and they can help notify other hosts of a scammer.

Originally posted by kris1351
    Yea that is a pretty pointless post. Even after every fraud checking method there is out there people are still not legit. There is a several hundred page post here about a medistar guy who would sign up hosting and spam from hosts. In every one of his signups he passed every fraud test there was so lots of hosts got scammed.

The intelligent thing to do when you find something like this is send a simple note to the hosts support address or ticket system. That helps the hosting industry weed out the scammers and they can help notify other hosts of a scammer.
    Actually Transverse makes IPB designs and the account I am hosting, well a reseller account is hosting, had 1 of their designs illegally on their website. I forced them to remove it and they did.

End of story.

We do NOT endulge hosting warez websites. It's not how we do business. You can read this in our Terms of Service [http://www.elitehosting.ca/tos.php]

Like I said, do not bash our company. We did what you wanted us to do.

According to the Whois and the fact that the site is still active you are still hosting warez Jay.

There was no "warez" per se. It was a ripped template. I guess that could be considered "warez" if you really wanted to push it.

Someone rips a design.

Designer contacts host.

Host has ripper remove the template.

Situation resolved. There's no need to terminate the account, because I'm sure ripping templates isn't specifically against the hosts TOS, However immoral it may be.

Understandably Transverse is upset, as I would be too, but this post is worthless, and junk. By attempting to place blame on the host, he's crossed the line. It is NOT a web hosts responsibility to police client accounts for those who rip designs.

If a host is notified of such, and is willing to cooperate, then all the better, but I'm not even sure that he'd be legally required to do so without a court order, as it's a matter between the ripper and the designer.

I guess it would be like you stealing someone's tires to put on your car, and the original owner notifying your finance company. Do you think they have any obligation or legal authority to repo your car because you're going around stealing tires? Maybe that's a stretch, but surely you get the point... and besides, I like analogies.

Originally posted by Rman2003
    There was no "warez" per se. It was a ripped template. I guess that could be considered "warez" if you really wanted to push it.

How do you know there was no "warez" per se?

Because I can read.

Originally posted by EH-Jay
    Actually Transverse makes IPB designs and the account I am hosting, well a reseller account is hosting, had 1 of their designs illegally on their website. I forced them to remove it and they did.

End of story.

I didn't see the link, but if it is just a problem with the forum template then I would say just to change the forum template to default one for now so things can be worked out.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

EH-Jay, why did you quote my post?

Originally posted by kris1351
    EH-Jay, why did you quote my post?
    Maybe he likes you.

Because I can read.

I still don't know how you were able to deduct that this is a simple rip situation based on what you read.

Originally posted by blue27
    I still don't know how you were able to deduct that this is a simple rip situation based on what you read.
    Well, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It does happen from time to time and I'm not afraid to admit it. But I don't think I am. I guess we'll just have to wait for either the OP or the host to clarify if they feel like doing so.

Situation resolved. There's no need to terminate the account, because I'm sure ripping templates isn't specifically against the hosts TOS, However immoral it may be.
    Uh, think again. I've not seen a TOS which doesn't specifically forbid hosting others' copyrighted work without permission. Ripping would certainly fall under that category. If a host neglects this clause in their TOS, I promise you it's in their upstream's. So I don't see any reason not to terminate the account, for such a blatant TOS violation.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Well, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It does happen from time to time and I'm not afraid to admit it. But I don't think I am. I guess we'll just have to wait for either the OP or the host to clarify if they feel like doing so.

You might as well admit it now because I can assure you 100% that you are wrong.

Originally posted by BigBison
    Uh, think again. I've not seen a TOS which doesn't specifically forbid hosting others' copyrighted work without permission. Ripping would certainly fall under that category. If a host neglects this clause in their TOS, I promise you it's in their upstream's. So I don't see any reason not to terminate the account, for such a blatant TOS violation.
    I suppose you'd be correct on that. So, I stand corrected.

Although, didn't the host in question here already state that it had been removed and taken care of? So why drag out yet another meaningless post? It's not the host's fault, not in the slightest. He was notified, and he complied and the template was removed. If he chooses to terminate the account, fine, if he doesn't, fine. That's his business. Not yours, not mine, not John from down the street.

As much fun as this witch hunt is, I'll bid you adieu, as I'm headed to bed. I've got a long day ahead tomorrow, thankfully none of which involves overdramatic lynch mobs.

Goodnight.

You might as well admit it now because I can assure you 100% that you are wrong.
    How can you assure me? Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

Anyway, I'll have to read it Thursday if you decide to reply. Until then.. Ta!

Originally posted by BigBison
    TOS violations do not equal a definite termination. TOS outlines the right to terminate based on certain criteria, but not necessarily a definite one in the event that the criteria are met. Each violation is it's own case and evaluated individually. Generally if the account holder complies with the host, they will not be terminated. However if another violation occurs they will most likely be terminated.
    Sarah :c)

cPanelDemos.com - live remotely hosted cPanel & WHM demo hosting service.

Call the template ripping what you want, I'm not here to discuss that topic. The point is the template was ripped by 1 of my clients, I forced the client to remove the template, the client did remove the template and that everything is solved.

How is everything solved when the original site mentioned, which is a Warez site, is still online and still hosted by you?

How is everything solved when the original site mentioned, which is a Warez site, is still online and still hosted by you?
    how do you know it's a warez site? Because of what one person said? have you visited the link?
    remy

Yes I have visited the link.
    It was in the original post.

I'm done posting in this thread. I've said all I needed too. I'll let the continuation of blowing this out of proportion go on with me not here.

Thank you for your reading time.

Originally posted by EH-Jay
    I'm done posting in this thread. I've said all I needed too. I'll let the continuation of blowing this out of proportion go on with me not here.

Thank you for your reading time.
    If that site is still hosted by you, then you have not said everything you need to. The best way to blow this out of proportion is to refuse to deal with it. Are you tolerant of warez sites on your servers, and that's why you don't want to deal with it? I'm confused by your reaction here, Jay.

theplanet hosts warez too, i have contacted several times to abuse department, but not closing sites, even not removing links.

You are correct TMX.

I guess it will be up to The Planet to take action seeing as this host seems to have no problems with it.

A real ethical guy it would seem.