Thread: Host Problem.

Host Problem.

I am a currently customer of eleven2 webhosting.

I have a slight problem with connecting my FTP into my website. The FTP error message said "Connection timeout. No response from server."

I have contacted one of the support member from my webhosting and they seems think that it is because of my firewalls/router.

I'm currently on a wireless network with a cable. I'm using my desktop and it's the main computer of my network. When I try to connect with my FTP into my website, operation timed out error appeared... I was trying to connect it using my laptop, same thing again. I tried to access my website's cpanel.. couldn't access it.. same problem as my ftp connection. The site is fine, i can access it though.

I have disabled all of my firewalls, nothing changed. Anybody help?

oh btw.. I can connect to other websites cpanels/ftps without problems as well.

Thx in advanced and don't mind my english :x.

Need to contact the website about this, and do you have passive ftp enabled? They might need to do something on their end.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Just curoius what FTP program are you using? The reason I ask is I have run into this error sometimes when using SmartFTP but then if I use WS_FTP I don't get the same problem.

Has your host tested and tried to log in via FTP and/or have you had someone else test from a different internet connection (different ISP)?

>> Edit.. yes check passive ftp also.. oops thanks!

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Are you using zone alarm or Macafee? I understand that you said you have disabled your firewall but if you were using either one and accidently choose to block access to anything even disabling them might not allow you to go to the blocked sites..

If you can connect to other other websites cpanels/ftps without problems, then the problem should not be your side.

Are you connecting using domain name or IP? Did your webhost change IP or anything or that kind?
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

I can't connect to my website cpanel as well. BUT i can access my website and it works perfect.

Im using SmartFTP, been using another FTPS and same problems occured.

ANd yes, I have checked my block features.. none of them has to do with my website.

Yea, i can connect with other cpanels/ftps..without problems :/.

Originally posted by Sector
    I can't connect to my website cpanel as well. BUT i can access my website and it works perfect.

Im using SmartFTP, been using another FTPS and same problems occured.

ANd yes, I have checked my block features.. none of them has to do with my website.

Yea, i can connect with other cpanels/ftps..without problems :/.
    This is a common problem, the host is probably using APF Firewall too, if you searched on cpanel's forum on it you'll find many have had problems with it in past, you'll need to have the host fix it for you.

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread....nnection+timed
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread....nnection+timed
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Can you connect to their FTP on another PC on another separate Internet connection? ...work, school, friend's house?
    Ashworth Consulting
    Dedicated Servers / Reseller Web Hosting / Web Hosting
    Network: The Planet, TX

Sector,

As replied to in our tickets, this is a local issue, we have checked all of our deny_rules files and our hardware firewalls, and their is no block for you, nor would you be able to connect to your website if thier was.

I have replied for you to try to connect with your router no pluged in and only your cable/DSL modem to figure out the root of this problem.

You can continue our discussion in our trouble ticket as we will get this problem resolved.

But we have many many very satisfied customers operating fine on this server, and I personally have tried to connect to your site many times on a few different remote connections we maintain and were able to do so everytime with out a problem.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

And you should have a formal response via our ticketing system as well.

Thanks!

Rodney Giles
    President/CEO
    Eleven2, Inc.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

do you mind provideing your domain so we can try accesing ftp / cpanel ?
    Carlos Carluccio
    COLO@ Colocation. Perfected.
    Atlanta - Dallas - Phoenix - Clifton - Los Angeles
    Total Server Solutions - Servers - US Based Support - Server Management

I recommend using FileZilla which can be downloaded at:

http://filezilla.sf.net.

FileZilla surpasses most FTP clients by a mile.

You might want to try configuring your current FTP client to use passive mode.

HTH

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

The reason I ask is I have run into this error sometimes when using SmartFTP but then if I use WS_FTP I don't get the same problem."

Unfortunately, I have had the same problem. I thought there was something wrong with my system as well until I found out it was the stinky program.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy