I am planning on establishing a small eshop (selling audiobooks et ebooks mostly) and would like to know if anyone has experienced in both OSCommerce and Zencart and could tell me which one I should use).
Here are some specifics :
- some stuff (ebooks mostly) will be free but with an ad link
- I need multilingual support (including Asian languages)
- I would like to set up vouchers, not only as advertisement but so that clients don't make too many small transactions (a bit like a client credit account) because product prices will be low. This credit account allows illimited and ad-free downloading of free stuff.
- the possibility of having discounts (large quantities (automatic), discount on special products on special dates (occasional).
- some products exist in different versions.
If its the same carts siderion has hinted at before like for instance x-cart......
They are not in any way better, just different and might come with more functionality straight out of the box.
Both zencart and oscommerce can compete equaly with most commercial cart software.
zencart has a lot of functionality straight out of the box, and have an easy to use template system.
But if you have some basic knowledge of php, html and mysql , and some time on your hands..lol..., oscommerce is an extremely good and stable basis to develop your own individualiced cart out from.
If you want a quick and easy set-up with full functionality, zencart and creloaded gives you just that.
If you are willing to lay some cash on the line, both x-cart and sun cart not only installs easy but comes with support......And actually they retail for under 200 us , so it should not put any heavy strain on your budget anyway.....
My advice is, go to the different carts , look at the info and the demoes....but most importantly look at the references/live shop examples.......
Last but not leased, remember open-source carts does not come with any guaranteed support..just the support their communities users gives on their own free time.....
Originally posted by Loulong OK thanks for the replies, I knew ZenCart was a "spin off" of OS Commerce but from what you say I gather it is also more advanced ! Whcih means I will choose Zencart then.
@ Sidorino : better I guess but better and still free ? If any can you tell me what they are ?
Actually fun2fun is right. So I'd also recommend to see Cube cart and X-cart. That's a shareware, but it may be really better, look at some stores, that use different carts and choose one that you like most.
E-wallet/E-commerce platform for sale! Fully ready to work solution,
Tested by real merchants, Full kit, including software, company, bank accounts!
Gmail: [email protected]