Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Best Dedicated Hosting Company

Can someone tell me what is the best dedicated hosting company that have excelent support and prices.

Hello,

Depends on what your looking for. If you have $2K plus per month for a server then RackSpace is #1, but if you only have $100 per month then it's gonna be someone else.

What is your budget and then people can recommend a good provider that can fit your budget.

I don't think anyone can tell you whats the best dedicated hosting company, it is best if you know your needs and get the the company that cater to your requirements best.

Decide on your budget, how much you can tolerate downtimes, how much support you need, search around the forums, get the one that suits your needs best.

There is no best, there is only the provider that is best for you.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

is servermatrix good

Originally posted by Jeff_Mathews
    Hello,

Depends on what your looking for. If you have $2K plus per month for a server then RackSpace is #1, but if you only have $100 per month then it's gonna be someone else.

What is your budget and then people can recommend a good provider that can fit your budget.
    The same old saying applies here. "You will get what you pay for". Most of the time, spending more $ gives you more stable , more faster, more headache free servers.
    ESC :wq!

Originally posted by MadMan2
    is servermatrix good
    Maybe this will help:?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

Their support isn't the best, but, they aren't bad in terms of their network.

I personally recommend:
    www.liquidweb.com (100% Network Uptime SLA, Full Management)
    www.defenderhosting.com (e-mail them)
    www.netivex.com (Peer1 Network, Full Management)

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

IMHO Allmanaged.com

Hire your own techs and get a private suite with your own machines in a datacenter such as Internap.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Or, if you want to goto the extreme.

Colo in Equinix NJ & get a mix of Peer1, Mzima, NAC, and InterNAP on your own rack with an FCU box to do your own "intelligent" routing :-). Oh and by the way, if you do that, let me know, I'll buy a server on that :-).
    -GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

AFAIK WHT Member FHDave does that (without the intelligent routing) and charges what I would say is a pretty moderate price for it.
    Robert Donaldson | Netivex
    Toronto | Dedicated Servers

servermatrix.com / theplanet.com
    Visit |█| ByteSizeHost |█| For all of your SSD Web hosting needs!
    ByteSizeHost. The Ryte Size. Owned and operated out of Dillon, CO, USA.
    Proud to be a member of the wonderful WebHostingTalk community.

That's like asking "What car is best?"

Maybe you can rephrase your question and base it on what you plan on doing with your server?

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    That's like asking "What car is best?"

Maybe you can rephrase your question and base it on what you plan on doing with your server?
    Image Hosting Service

I honestly think Ev1Servers is a good company with good prices they only offer un-managed servers but their support and network is awesome. they provide remote reboot port which you can access within your account page along with automatic OS reload which does not cost anything unless it has problems and they have to manually do it. Setup time is pretty much instant well it was when i got my server pretty quick atleast.

Thanks
    - James

Yes, I agree with James

Servermatrix is good for busget servers and if you have money to blow go to rackspace.com...they are awesome! and stay away from Managed.com...they have improved very little over the past 2 years.

Originally posted by telder0428
    Servermatrix is good for busget servers and if you have money to blow go to rackspace.com...they are awesome! and stay away from Managed.com...they have improved very little over the past 2 years.
    No, they actually improved very much over the past 2 years. They are under new management now which offers pretty quick support. I had experience with their abuse department and they were very quick with dealing with me.

Thanks,

-GSV

I've honestly never had a problem with servermatrix when I used them.
    I saw a special offer that was acctually less expensive than I was paying for my SM server, and ended up going to theplanet.com their parent company.

Speeds, and support are top notch in my book.

Matt

CPSMatt, is the offer from theplanet still available?

I wonder how does servermatrix compare to servstra (resellerworkz) in terms of support and server management. Are servers in servermatrix managed?

I wouldn't classify servermatrix as fully managed, they however do have server monitoring and they will have with standard OS patches with the Silver Management Plan. You pretty much still need to administer and secure your server on your own.

I think you guys are getting off track here.. Do a few searches on these forums and then ask yourself is SM "the best dedicated hosting company?"

There are alot out there. Keep looking.

I have been with jhservers.com
    The setup was a little slow,
    but otherwise,
    everything runs smooth and fast.
    -Slayer

Originally posted by BetterLife
    CPSMatt, is the offer from theplanet still available?

I wonder how does servermatrix compare to servstra (resellerworkz) in terms of support and server management. Are servers in servermatrix managed?
    BetterLife, the way I got my discount was the existing customer specials. Unfortunatly they're not available to others.

Matt

ServerMatrix it's the best, with a grat support team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast