Good commercial e-mail software packages for UNIX?

Looking for something with a nice solid integrated webmail client, simplified management, and some basic automated features like forwarding, etc.

Thanks!

Are you talking an email CLIENT or an email SERVER, the two are different.

Neither really need to be "commercial" per se.

For the server part, install any of the qmail packages available on freshmeat. They allow a good number of things there.

For the client part, try horde for webmail, or kmail for non. I've always been torn between kmail and evolution, both are extremely great products, neither charge anything
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Re: Good commercial e-mail software packages for UNIX?

Sorry, just to clarify, looking for something on the server side... I understand the OSS options clearly, I am looking for something a little more "small business oriented" in terms of installation and management. Ensim, plesk, etc. are really not viable options when you're explaining to a secretary the difference between POP and SMTP.

Ensim and Plesk (among others) are control panels for server management.

If I understand your question properly (and at this point I'm not sure I am) I think you're asking about a webmail server?

We use Squirrelmail -- http://www.squirrelmail.org/

SuSE do a Linux equivelant of MS Exchange, might be worth a look.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

Check CommuniGate Pro - http://www.stalker.com/content/solutions.htm. One of the best mail servers, even supports Outlook calendaring, instant messaging and VoIP

I used to recommend CommuniGate frequently, but with the new license structure, its not really geared towards small business. I was lucky enough to have purchased a 2000 seat license a few months before the went to the 4.2 license scheme where groupware was rolled in. My 2000 seat license for email cost under $2000, and supposedly included unlimited upgrades, but once they released 4.2, groupware was no longer optional and the price for the same license would be closer to $20k.

I guess I made out pretty good, but now upgrades/support is priced at 19-24% of the new purchase price per year, so at some point I'll probably be looking to migrate away from it because its tough to justify $4000 a year for support when your just using it for pop/smtp

As a product, its a fantastic mailserver. Reliable, stable, feature rich, and easy to admin.