Hey Everyone,

So, you're looking for a support technician, eh?

Well, look no further.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would I rate myself on the following?

CPanel: 10
WHM: 9
Plesk: 5
Ensim: 2
Linux: 7

I give myself those grades based on my experience. Obviously, as you can see, I spend most of my time using CPanel/WHM with Linux...It's not that I don't know Ensim as well, its just that I don't have as much experience. I am a fast learner however, and I usually can pick things up as they come at me.

The only problem I can see anyone having is the fact that I own a hosting company. I'll be honest with you, I do. I, however, don't think this would be a problem, since I can still be very devoted to you. My company is a much more high end sales company and I only advertise it locally to small businesses. I have no intent or will to steal your customers, or provide them any less support - in fact, my outlook is that you must have tried harder to get them, so you deserve them.

I can pretty much be available whenever you need. I would prefer a set shift however. Ideally, I could work (PST) 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, or something of that sort.

As of now, I am willing to work for $100 per week. Thats $2.50/hour if I work full time. I am well aware that is much below minimum wage, especially in my home state ($6.75 minimum wage), but I am also aware I am sitting at home and it will most likely not be non-stop work. If you require actually very little or quite constant work, my prices may very, but that is something we can work out.

I am available for any type of support...phone, email, IRC, chat programs, ticket systems, instant messangers.

Any questions, or if you are interested, feel free to email me at [email protected] or message me on AIM at WindsOfNihility. Alternatively, you could post here or send me a PM. I would be happy to discuss things over the phone with you at a later point, once things are more set out.

Thanks, have a great day.