I want to become a enom reseller. Just a few questions.

Hi, I want to resell domains to local clients while I directly partner them up with a web development and hosting firm.

I still have a few number of questions which needs some clarification. I would really appreciate if the experts here would help me.

[list=1][*]Alot of websites offer "free" $8.95 reseller accounts, in addition to the clause that you have to make a $100 deposit. Now I see alot of websites out there offering them, I don't tend to give my services to just any website and am looking for a credible company to deal with. Regardless of my preference, I was wonderin: If I go with one of these small websites, I register and make the deposit, if they go out of business is my reseller account and all domains lost? If they decide to end their contract with eNOM, is then my account, domains and money gone?[*]Is there any $8.95 reseller accounts that do not require a deposit?[*]How much to get a $7.95 account?[*]How would I go about getting a $6.95 account?[*]Finally, do any of you have any of the following: $6.95, $7.95, and $8.95 (without deposit) to offer me, if so can you please PM me.[/list=1]

Kind Regards,
    A "DrkFusion" S

1. If you contact eNom, they should be able to take care of you. You won't be SOL if that happens.

2. No. They all require a deposit since that money is used to buy the domains.

3 / 4. https://www.enom.com/resellers/ has the pricing

5. All of the accounts require a deposit, and you have to pay usually to get a $6.95 account (usually a few hundred dollars for the account, and then a deposit).

Good luck

Hey Dan, thank you for your prompt response.

Now on the website under pricing it says
    "approx. 55 domain registrations" for basic pricing.
    Does this mean I can only register 55 domains?

You can register as many as you want.

What you do is deposit funds into the account. Once you have a certain number of domains or a certain credit limit, you go to the next pricing level.

What "approx 55 domains" means is that after about that registering that many domains at .com pricing, you'll be at that level.

Make sense?

Originally posted by DanX
    You can register as many as you want.

What you do is deposit funds into the account. Once you have a certain number of domains or a certain credit limit, you go to the next pricing level.

What "approx 55 domains" means is that after about that registering that many domains at .com pricing, you'll be at that level.

Make sense?
    I am sorry, but you sort of lost me.

I'll try again
    Price per domain name for .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .NAME, .BIZ and .US with purchase of 495 eNom Points for $495.00.

approx. 55 domain registrations
    What this means is that you need at least 495 points to get to this pricing level. With those 495 points, eNom figures you can buy about 55 domains. You can certainly buy more, but that's all you could afford if you put in 495 credits.

or simpler yet ...

your deposit of $495 will buy you 55 .com domains (of 1 year registration length)

if you buy for more years, or ccTLDs that cost more then you will use up you enom "points" aka $ quicker

they dont know which domain extensions you will register - so they say *approx* 55
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Originally posted by DanX
    I'll try again What this means is that you need at least 495 points to get to this pricing level. With those 495 points, eNom figures you can buy about 55 domains. You can certainly buy more, but that's all you could afford if you put in 495 credits.
    Ah, thanks Dan & Othello!

Umm, the Points (reputation) was mplemented in vB3. I spent the better half of the last hour or so looking for a reputation link to give you guys reputation.
    Last edited by DrkFusion; 07-10-2005 at 12:41 AM.

I could be wrong here (I have been before ) but I think the $100 deposit refers to using a credit card or PayPal to fund your account. eNom has an address in Illinois where you can send a check for any amount I believe to fund your account.

I use this method all the time because I save the 3% service fee for using a credit card or PayPal - but I am always sending over $100.00 - so I don't know too much about less amounts.

I've tried several domain resellers and eNom is definitely the way to go. They offer value, flexibility, clean-simple interface, and, most of all to me, reliability.

OthelloTech and Bashar both offer enom accounts... you can't do much better than reliable people who have been hanging aroung WHT for three years (do any of us have real lives? ).

Good Luck with your venture!
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted by 4solutions
    I could be wrong here (I have been before ) but I think the $100 deposit refers to using a credit card or PayPal to fund your account. eNom has an address in Illinois where you can send a check for any amount I believe to fund your account.

I use this method all the time because I save the 3% service fee for using a credit card or PayPal - but I am always sending over $100.00 - so I don't know too much about less amounts.

I've tried several domain resellers and eNom is definitely the way to go. They offer value, flexibility, clean-simple interface, and, most of all to me, reliability.

OthelloTech and Bashar both offer enom accounts... you can't do much better than reliable people who have been hanging aroung WHT for three years (do any of us have real lives? ).

Good Luck with your venture!
    Thanks!

I signed up with OthelloTech. Let's see how long this will take to get up and running.

Originally posted by 4solutions
    (do any of us have real lives? ).
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi