Checking Site Performace

Are there any tools I can use to test the performance of a site on a dedicated server.

I'm moving a copy of a site from one dedicated box to another and want to test the site on both servers to see which give me btter performance.

I know there are other factors such as my connection to the internet as well as traffic currently being process by one or both servers, but i just want a software that can give me a general idea of performance.

There are plenty of website benchmark apps out there - though I don't know of any offhand.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@] today!

Flint, Michigan
    I use FireFox peronally Load up the site from both servers. See which one loads faster. If you can't tell a difference, neither can your users.
    Mike from
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at

Please have a look on

this will calculate page size, composition, and download time.

I suggest having the original website hosted on the old server and add a new CNAME like www2 that points to the second server and you can compare results from both.

Also I think you first need to check gzip or deflate (in Apache2)which is highly recommended (by me) to have it on your server.

this will help alot in performance.
    knowledge is Power , Spread it.
    [email protected]
    AIM:AhmedFouad0 , yahooID:xor2004