Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So it only charges you ONE time per a client? That's it?

No more for support tickets, or other things?

Originally posted by MegaGeo
    So it only charges you ONE time per a client? That's it?

No more for support tickets, or other things?
    H-Sphere charges a 1 time fee per license (account). However, most hsphere reseller providers include x number of licenses with each reseller account and make additional licenses available at a fee (either recurring or 1 time)

You will not be charged for the billing solution, helpdesk, etc - as these are included with hsphere.

Hope this helps...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

Thanks Cartika.

Originally posted by ldcdc

While often it may seem that the road is "reseller account ->dedicated", I would say that the better (more profitable and manageable) road is 1 reseller acount, 2 reseller accounts, 3 reseller accounts... -> (managed) dedicated server(s). Just my opinion... [/B]

Hmm, I'm curious onto why you say this Idcdc. I intially thouht, with my little knowledge of course, that it would be "reseller accounts>dedicated server. I'd agree with that, but then you suggest 1 reseller acount, 2 reseller accounts, 3 reseller accounts, etc...

Don't you also mean just upgrading reseller acount number 1 to better support your needs instead of getting reseller acount numbers 2,3,4, etc... then then dedicated servers? What's the upside of your suggestion and the downside of mine?

Thanks,

TheRegulator

Originally posted by CartikaHosting
    H-Sphere has a solution called easy app - their answer to fantastico - however, we currently dont use either - as they both lead to vulnerabilities that simply arent worth the risk. There's almost no way to keep these autoinstallers updated with the latest and most secure versions of these scripts
    EasyApp SDK is fine (allows you to build the packages yourself, as you know). The EasyApp collection that psoft distribute has been branded by one of my guys as "ill advised".

It didn't, and won't make it on to our cluster, as there clearly has been little or no research done before releasing it.

Simon

While often it may seem that the road is "reseller account ->dedicated", I would say that the better (more profitable and manageable) road is 1 reseller acount, 2 reseller accounts, 3 reseller accounts... -> (managed) dedicated server(s). Just my opinion...
    I would say the only advantage to this formula is security - ie) not putting all your eggs in 1 basket - however, as far as managability goes - this scenario is a nightmare. The trick is (and isnt it always) to find the right provider - thereby achieving peace of mind
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Andrew (CartikaHosting) is right, you can get reseller accounts from different providers just so that in case something happens with one of them, it doesn't affect your whole business.

My reasoning for getting more reseller accounts was that a reseller account can only be so big (depending on the host you choose to go with). The OP's initial question was putting a heavy weight on the total cost of having a dedicated server, and it was from that point of view that I wrote my post. The business has to be large enough to easily afford those costs, and IMO that would usually mean using more than a single reseller account (unless some other solution can be worked out with the reseller hosting provider, of course).

But that's just me and my way of seeing things. I put a lot of weight on reasonable margins and financial stability, and most likely would move to a dedicated when it would actually cut costs in some way.

I'd personally go for a dedicated server per each 3 reseller accounts. With the extra capital to work with you can purchase higher-end dedicated servers that come with 24x7 monitoring and full management :-). Full management is *best* way to go for a dedicated server if you're migrating from resellers.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12