New to this. Have traffic question.

I signed up for 3 months with Echolima and bought their bronze package. On their website, it shows this as some of the features:

Disk Space: 5000MB
    Data Transfer/Bandwidth: 75,000MB

I haven't put up any pages yet. I've just uploaded some pictures and video for my friends to look at. Well today, I got this email from them:

Limit has been exceeded on domain 'drownemtide.com' owned by client 'katiep23' (Contact name 'Katie *****'):
    Disk space usage: 35.76 M
    Disk space limit: 100.00 M
    Traffic: 7.23 G
    Traffic limit: 1.00 G

I've emailed them, but I'm assuming it'll take a couple days to hear back. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks so much!!

Re: New to this. Have traffic question.

Originally posted by katiep23
    I signed up for 3 months with Echolima and bought their bronze package. On their website, it shows this as some of the features:

Disk Space: 5000MB
    Data Transfer/Bandwidth: 75,000MB

I haven't put up any pages yet. I've just uploaded some pictures and video for my friends to look at. Well today, I got this email from them:

Limit has been exceeded on domain 'drownemtide.com' owned by client 'katiep23' (Contact name 'Katie *****'):
    Disk space usage: 35.76 M
    Disk space limit: 100.00 M
    Traffic: 7.23 G
    Traffic limit: 1.00 G

I've emailed them, but I'm assuming it'll take a couple days to hear back. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks so much!!
    The video files might have done that. How big are the files and how many people downloaded them?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

It appears the limits for both diskspace and bandwidth are much lower than what you signed up for. This may have been an honest mistake, so contact their support department.

It shows they have a 24 hour guaranteed response, so it should be sooner than a couple of days before they respond.

Good Luck
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

They are 2 or 3 MB each.

But, their limits on the email they sent don't match up with what was posted on the site...

Originally posted by HostRefugee-Vince
    It appears the limits for both diskspace and bandwidth are much lower than what you signed up for. This may have been an honest mistake, so contact their support department.

It shows they have a 24 hour guaranteed response, so it should be sooner than a couple of days before they respond.

Good Luck
    Thanks! I've emailed them, so we'll see how that goes .

I just mainly wanted to make sure that "Data Transfer/Bandwidth" was definitely the same as "Traffic."

Thanks! I've emailed them, so we'll see how that goes .

I just mainly wanted to make sure that "Data Transfer/Bandwidth" was definitely the same as "Traffic."
    Have you checked your control panel limits?

Edit: Apparently, they have someone on Live Chat right now at their site (echolima.com). Might want to ask there, first.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Just wanted to give an update. I was able to get a hold of a sales guy and I can set the limit of my site myself in my control panel. I guess those are the default limits and I can set them as high as what they advertise.

Thanks all!

Just wanted to give an update. I was able to get a hold of a sales guy and I can set the limit of my site myself in my control panel. I guess those are the default limits and I can set them as high as what they advertise.

Thanks all!
    Glad to hear it all worked out. Let us know in a few months how it all works out with your new host

Being able to set your limits sounds like a pretty nice feature. Glad to hear you got it figured out.
    Need a new Web Host?

Being able to set your limits sounds like a pretty nice feature. Glad to hear you got it figured out.
    It's pretty much like addon domains, just being able to set individual limits for each. That's just what Plesk does.

Correct. It's up to you to set limits for each domain. I assume you got a reseller account? ...sounds like it.
    Ashworth Consulting
    Dedicated Servers / Reseller Web Hosting / Web Hosting
    Network: The Planet, TX

Originally posted by ashworth102680
    Correct. It's up to you to set limits for each domain. I assume you got a reseller account? ...sounds like it.
    Plesk doesn't need a reseller account to do that.

Originally posted by mripguru
    It's pretty much like addon domains, just being able to set individual limits for each. That's just what Plesk does.
    HostRefugee = cPanel Junkies

It would be nice if cPanel could implement something like that at the client level. Of course that may limit the number of people who upgrade to a reseller account.
    Need a new Web Host?

HostRefugee = cPanel Junkies

It would be nice if cPanel could implement something like that at the client level. Of course that may limit the number of people who upgrade to a reseller account.
    Actually, there is a way to do this in EDGE, I believe.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Originally posted by elix
    Actually, there is a way to do this in EDGE, I believe.

-GSV
    Will have to update our test server to the latest EDGE and have a look.

Thanks
    Need a new Web Host?

Will have to update our test server to the latest EDGE and have a look.

Thanks
    By the way, I may not be right, but I've seen this on a friend's box where I got some space on.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business