* Land of freedom Really? LOL

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....WS01/507060351

Man charged with exposing his breasts
    By Kimball Perry
    Post staff reporter
    Publication date: 07-06-2005

Despite Jerome Mason's appearance, the 23-year-old shouldn't be punished for showing his chest in public, attorney Michael Welsh insisted Tuesday.

Welsh, a Hamilton County public defender, is stumped as to why Cincinnati police charged Mason with indecent exposure after they reported Mason was exposing his breasts.

"It's not illegal for a man to expose his breasts," Welsh said. "It's also not even technically illegal for a woman to expose her breasts (in public)."

The dilemma is that the 6-foot, 200-pound Mason, although listed as a male on court and police documents, has the breasts of a female.

"He's a guy. He's real tall, and he's got a full set of breasts," assistant Cincinnati solicitor Kevin Donovan said Tuesday.

Donovan was the prosecutor on the case until it was transferred to another prosecutor.

The case started April 22 when Cincinnati police arrested Mason at 1 a.m. in front of 1923 Elm St. and charged him with indecent exposure.

"This complainant states that this complaint is based on Arrested exposed his breasts in public," Cincinnati Police Officer Jody Dilinger wrote in an April 22 court document.

The charge against Mason carries a maximum sentence of 30 days in jail, but Welsh insisted no crime was committed.

He'd like to say that to Mason, but Mason has twice made appointments to have Welsh represent him in court and twice stood Welsh up.

"At this moment, I am not his lawyer," Welsh said. "He sets an appointment and just doesn't show up."

Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge David Stockdale has twice told Mason to get an attorney and continued Mason's Tuesday court appearance because Mason still hasn't an attorney to represent him.

"I have no idea," Welsh said of why Cincinnati police arrested Mason.

Because of the status of Ohio law concerning exposing breasts, Welsh is sure he can win the case.

"This is the type of case that even if he was to plead no contest, he should be found not guilty. If Judge Stockdale rules properly, (Mason) should be found not guilty," Welsh said.

There is no Ohio law, Welsh said, that makes it a crime for a man to expose his breasts. If so, every man - fat or thin - without a shirt could be in danger.

Ironically, Welsh noted, a 1990 ruling in Hamilton County also means it's not illegal for women to publicly bare their breasts.

Then-Municipal Court Judge Mark Painter, now a judge on the Cincinnati-based Ohio First District Court of Appeals, presided over a case where a dancer was arrested during a "lingerie fashion show" at a nightclub for allegedly exposing her "private parts."

Painter eventually dismissed the case, ruling "a breast is not a 'private part' within the meaning of this section" of Ohio law cited in the 1990 case.

"With the Painter decision, it's not illegal for a woman to expose her breast," Welsh said.

The April arrest wasn't the first contact with police for Mason, who couldn't be reached Tuesday.

In 2001, court documents note, Mason was convicted of unauthorized use of property and placed on probation for six months, after spending 10 days in jail, for stealing library books.

We are losing every right we ever had!!!!!! SLOWLY BUT SURELY!! -- Better have those t-shirts ready...

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I'm sure he did more than just show walk around w/o a shirt. Looking at his previos record, hee's just not an innocent person. I'm sure there is more to the story, but they decided to just focus on he was arrested and charged with indecent exposure.

IMO, I'm glad. I don't want to see some fat man walking around with his man boobs.

So because you don't like it they should arrest him?
    Why have laws?

Originally posted by blue27
    Why have laws?
    It was a joke. But like I said before, I'm sure they didn't just arrest him for that. I'm sure there's more to the story than just arresting him because he had his shirt off.

It didnt say he did more.........

Oh well...Direct intrusion on our right$ i think......

I dunno

Why have laws?
    Exactly. Why have laws if no one's gonna enforce 'em?

Originally posted by varg
    Exactly. Why have laws if no one's gonna enforce 'em?

And your point is?

If you were to take the time to read the article you would discover that this man was not breaking any laws therefore nothing to enforce.

This is what gets me:
    The charge against Mason carries a maximum sentence of 30 days in jail, but Welsh insisted no crime was committed.

He'd like to say that to Mason, but Mason has twice made appointments to have Welsh represent him in court and twice stood Welsh up.

"At this moment, I am not his lawyer," Welsh said. "He sets an appointment and just doesn't show up."
    It seems to be pretty open and shut but the guy is blowing the whole thing off. wtf? Why not just get it over with instead of dragging it out?

Which makes me wonder, too, if there wasn't another reason for his being arrested for "indecent exposure".
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

The case started April 22 when Cincinnati police arrested Mason at 1 a.m. in front of 1923 Elm St. and charged him with indecent exposure.
    Judging by the time, I'd suspect there's something else that originally had the attention drawn to him.

Originally posted by Rob83
    IMO, I'm glad. I don't want to see some fat man walking around with his man boobs.
    6 ft and 200 pounds ain't all that fat. It's said he has a *full* set of breasts, not just 'man boobies'. I don't think it's just what nature gave him that he's showing off.

Regardless the law is the law, and the law says he can show-em off if he wants.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by akashik
    6 ft and 200 pounds ain't all that fat. It's said he has a *full* set of breasts, not just 'man boobies'. I don't think it's just what nature gave him that he's showing off.

Regardless the law is the law, and the law says he can show-em off if he wants.
    LMFAO!

its rather sad that the cops did this.....

I really hope he gets out of it,THEN SUES!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The Dude
    its rather sad that the cops did this.....

I really hope he gets out of it,THEN SUES!!!!!!!!
    sue sue sue. Yes, let's sue. I think you're jumping the gun here. There's more to the story then meets the eye. But I could be wrong, the media always is honest and always gives the full story.

Oh Gosh! If he is a man, let him go without a shirt. Men now a day don't always wear a shirt when it is hot. This is insane.
    I remember a similar problem with women breastfeeding in public. A woman was in the car and breastfeeding her baby but the cop tell her that she can't do that in public.

Why have laws?
    Eh, we do have laws, and that's why the 'man' was arrested. I don't really see how this violates any of our rights... blue, would you seriously want this guy doing this, hanging around your kids or near a school? I don't think so.....

The Dude, I never get your posts...

Edit: We don't know all of the details of the case. For all we know, the man could have been rubbing his man-boobs or something in public. lol

If he is not-guity, then he will be found not guilty by a jury of his peers.
    Last edited by varg; 07-10-2005 at 10:23 AM.

Originally posted by varg
    Eh, we do have laws, and that's why the 'man' was arrested. I don't really see how this violates any of our rights... blue, would you seriously want this guy doing this, hanging around your kids or near a school? I don't think so.....

Doing what?
    According to the article the man was arrested for not having a shirt on.
    Is there something you know that the rest of us don't?

Perhaps you are suggesting that it should be illegal for all men to go shirtless, if that is the case then fine. As it is, based on the article, which is the only information I have to go by, no laws were broken.

I wanna see this guys man boobs now just to see what the fuss is all about..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Doing what?
    According to the article the man was arrested for not having a shirt on.
    Is there something you know that the rest of us don't?

Perhaps you are suggesting that it should be illegal for all men to go shirtless, if that is the case then fine. As it is, based on the article, which is the only information I have to go by, no laws were broken.
    Actually it says he has a full set of breasts, not just man boobs if you had read.

Originally posted by RossH
    Actually it says he has a full set of breasts, not just man boobs if you had read.

And if you had read it, it also said that according to the law it is not illegal for a man to go shirtless. According to the article it is not even illegal for a women to go topless.

I don't see anywhere in the article or in the law the mentions "man boobs".

Originally posted by Trifolic
    I wanna see this guys man boobs now just to see what the fuss is all about..
    If you're lucky, they'll do a follow up story to accommodate your curiosity.

Honestly, what's the debate about? Assuming all the facts have been disclosed about the incident, no laws were broken. He is a male with no shirt in public. Apparently no law against that. I'm puzzled when they say he had a "full set of breasts". Typically, a 200 lb 6 foot male wouldn't have that much excess fat on him to even get close to resembling a "full set of breasts".

Perhaps he has some medical condition with a hormonal problem, and that's why he has uncharacteristically noticeable mammary glands. Still, though, unless they rewrite the laws to include a provision for that, he should have no worries in court.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

If he goes to the higher court he would be released of the charges.. as there is clearly nothing illegal in his act.. though from one point of view it can be brought under indecent act and he could be sent to prison but then again technically law doesn't explicitly prohibit a woman from exposing her breasts in public, so it is ironic that he was charged for the same.. And yes, that does put a question on our rights.
    Articles, Blog Posts, Content Development and Copy Writing
    Skype me or Please send a PM for Contact Information

Could he be a "tranny"? I could see why that would cause alarm..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Originally posted by Trifolic
    Could he be a "tranny"? I could see why that would cause alarm..

Quite possible, but unless there are specific tranny laws he still should not be going to court.

And if you had read it, it also said that according to the law it is not illegal for a man to go shirtless. According to the article it is not even illegal for a women to go topless.

I don't see anywhere in the article or in the law the mentions "man boobs".
    No it is not illegal for a man to go topless but if the man lets say had an operation and now had a full set of boobs he would probably be charged under indecency laws.

I believe all people should be treated equally based on race, sex, sexual prefrence, etc. As soon as we start getting into people who modify their bodies then we get into a new realm. If you are a man and you get a set of implants should you be able to expose them, I believe not. Should the guy walking next to do who doesn't have implant be able to expose his chest, yup.

No it is not illegal for a man to go topless but if the man lets say had an operation and now had a full set of boobs he would probably be charged under indecency laws.

I believe all people should be treated equally based on race, sex, sexual prefrence, etc. As soon as we start getting into people who modify their bodies then we get into a new realm. If you are a man and you get a set of implants should you be able to expose them, I believe not. Should the guy walking next to do who doesn't have implant be able to expose his chest, yup.
    Well, fortunately the law is not so discriminatory.

What about people who have many tattoos and piercings? Should they be banned from being seen in public as well.

Well, fortunately the law is not so discriminatory.

What about people who have many tattoos and piercings? Should they be banned from being seen in public as well.
    Yes I'm damn discriminatory when it comes to this, call me prejudice.

Men generally (I'm sure someone can find one case) don't have female like breasts. If they want to get those thats fine with me but should they be able to walk around and expose them where children can see, hell no.

If you can't use common sense while making your judgements on freedoms then I feel sorry for you, not everything is black and white.

Yes I'm damn discriminatory when it comes to this, call me prejudice.

Men generally (I'm sure someone can find one case) don't have female like breasts. If they want to get those thats fine with me but should they be able to walk around and expose them where children can see, hell no.

If you can't use common sense while making your judgements on freedoms then I feel sorry for you, not everything is black and white.

This is the exact reason the laws are in place.
    If you don't like the laws get them changed.

There is no room for your "common sense" when you are admittedly prejudiced.
    For many people it would be "common sense" to not let blacks into the same restaurants as whites.

This is the exact reason the laws are in place.
    If you don't like the laws get them changed.

There is no room for your "common sense" when you are admittedly prejudiced.
    For many people it would be "common sense" to not let blacks into the same restaurants as whites.
    Not the majority of people would feel what you desribe in the last line. However I believe if there was a poll most Americans wouldn't want men with implants exposing their breasts in public.

I'm not advocating having a law against getting it done or anything but there is only so far a person can watch society detoriorate before they step up and start using some common sense. Everything isn't equal and life isn't fair (thats what mom always said).

You can be born black, you can be born gay (up for discussion), but you make a conciese decision to go out and get implants. Sorry but I'd rather not look at men walking around with a full set of boobs.

I cannot speak for the police in the situation, but coming from a fellow Cincinnatian I am glad he was arrested. This was at 1 in the morning, when most of the attacks happens in Cincinnati, and everything else that happens here. Cincinnati is not what I would call a "nice" town in certain parts. I don't live downtown but I believe Elm street is on a rougher part of the city. Police are just like human beings, they get scared as everyone else should. They were simply taking a precaution a man, most likely drunk would not simply walk around without a shirt and start exposing himself without something else starting it at one morning. Cincinnati is a very scary place, where the police would like to take every single precaution in the book to prevent more violence, murders and even rape. I am glad he was arrested, unless there is something I am missing here, but a man doesn't walk around without a shirt, at 1 AM and start exposing himself. People take their shirts off when its hot, it is most certainly not hot at 1 in the morning.

Edit I found where Elm St is, it is here as everyone can see, it is right in downtown. I'm not sure if that is where most of the attacks happen but I would imagine it is.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Originally posted by Tyler
    Police are just like human beings...
    Hehe, I'm sure they will be happy to hear of your acknowledgement...

You can dissect this story all you want. The fact of the matter is that we're talking about a male individual walking in public shirtless. Regardless of any specifics, he was abiding the law. If you want to splinter the law down into more specific regulations, have at it. Get the laws changed. Until then, he was not breaking any laws.

[*...me wonders if this guy would be the perfect spokesperson for Kramer's bro */)

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Perfect wording Vito, I couldn't agree more

Favorite fruit : Jello
    It's a fruit?

*Tyler Googles
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Originally posted by Tyler
    It's a fruit?
    According to , it is!!!

Vito