Best place to advertise with $2000?

I just started a new host a week ago, and have about $2000 to use on advertising. Anybody recommend anything super effective in this price range? Thanks!

P.S. I know this has probably been asked before, but searching for advertising threads on wht is like the ole needle in a haystack.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

You might try a post made below that was made last night, it was entitled what should i do with 3k advertising....

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=422283
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Yeah, but that was per month, I just have 2K starting

Same advice applies just on a smaller range, there was a lot of good info in that post on ideas, how he could spend much less money, target niches, focus on google ads, etc
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

If you really want to get results and customers - $2,000 is NOTHING for start. You need to re-write your business plan and apply for business loan - $30,000.00 is good start for small company (for 3 months of advertising) and also targeting is VERY important as well.

With $2,000 you just waste this money and went our of business in 6-12 months - hosting sector already had thousands of company's like yours - why you think customers choose you even if they cannot find you. This is GOLD rule - 10% of VISABLE company's will get 90% of business and money as result.

90% of others pick up leftovers and will go out of business or hardly going to make a living/expenses.

I would stick to local advertising only with that kind of a budget. Be smart with your marketing, trade services and try to bargain for as much free exposure as possible (press releases, etc.) Use this 2k for what you can't get for free.
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    Sales@IQStudio.net
    Create.Design.Innovate

Just as CDXSolutions said, stick to local advertising.
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

You might want to take a look at AdWatcher's advertising report. They do this for a living and should give you a hint on how to proceede with the budget you have.

Or, try to do a quick and small market research yourself. Stick around where your target might be. Design and programming forums. Start by offering free hosting to a very few professionals. That should create quite a nice client base. Word of mouth is under-rated. It might save you a few green ones. But as a teaser, advertise on the sites where your target can be found visiting...
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Should this have been part of your business plan before you started?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Tina, sincerely, how many hosts you know of to have a business plan before they even get their first reseller plan?

Many don't even have a clear idea of what to do, not to mention a solid business plan. I'm not saying this is the case of Bohica, but things change over time and a matured host would know where and how to advertise for that decent amount.

It's no harm in asking, the secret lies in actually following good advices.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Well, the last host I started, I had 500+ clients in less than a year, which was pretty good. I spent probably $50 max on advertising total the whole time. I'm pretty darn good at getting clients, if I may say so myself. I just have a little startoff money this time around, and was hoping to nab a few hundred extra with some advertising. I'm going to listen to suggestions and going to focus on local things I suppose. Thanks guys!

Originally posted by steven-v
    If you really want to get results and customers - $2,000 is NOTHING for start.
    Though $2K might not be millions, it is what... one or two months of advertising on a site like this. Something like a sticky for a week? On other forums it buys more.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Googleads are alright, but sometimes they can jipp you. Might try clicksor.com.