PayPal Frauders - Catched One

Today checking some supicious stuff on one customer account found out he had he's account using a big list of emails and a .php file with PayPal related stuff to enter and change email and update your info. Alright, we have never had a case like this. We're yet not a big company so I wanted some help and support on where exactly should I report it. I'll get some IPs and that to report it to the authorities.

Help is appriciated.

Thanks & Regards.

Send it to Paypal. I'm sure they'll be delighted at the chance to catch another lowlife, scumbag scammer.
    Fast2host Ltd. Affordable, Fast and Reliable UK Hosting.
    Shared, Multidomain and Reseller Windows & Linux Hosting.
    VPS and Dedicated UK Servers.

Turn the site off, if possible get hold of his contact details.

If he is your paid customer, how did he paid you.. paypal.. if yes fix him by reporting him to paypal.
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

and there is so many of them too...isn't it caught...not catched? ;-)

Don't forget that what your client is doing is fraud, which is punished by the law. Don't just let it go. If you care about making a difference, report the person to law enforcement, if you can get hold of his real details. But it's a long shot...
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Back in the day of when I used to host, I had a server that got suspended due to the power of PayPal's influence on one of my clients that was committing PayPal fruad. PayPal's abuse departments works alot faster than their support apparently :-/

Keep in mind that your customer's account may have been compromised and its not actually your customer that is doing this. We've had cases of long time and GOOD customers installing outdated things (like message boards, etc.) on their accounts - and suddenly find an eBay phishing site, etc. on them.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Paypal's customer service is terrible, Try paypalsucks.com, they've got paypal's phone number and address! I heard that google is starting a new payment service, hope it'll replace paypal!

Originally posted by skatewhale
    they've got paypal's phone number and address!
    Even PayPal has PayPals' phone number and adress!

Sorry, I couldn't help it. They have it listed on the site skatewhale, it's not a secret anymore
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Paypal's customer service is amazing. We've processed five figures a month through them for years...with very little problems. Each time there has been a problem, a simple phone call to their customer service has solved it in no time.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

At 5-figures a month I would get my own CC processing program to save on all those fees...

Get a message board, pay nothing!
    Currently serving over 136,000 members. (live counter on main page)
    www.FreePowerBoards.com

Tina,

Maybe you didn't have any problems exactly for the 5 figure reason. They tend to cause problems to the small ones.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Originally posted by FreePowerBoards
    At 5-figures a month I would get my own CC processing program to save on all those fees...
    Yes, we have one.

We offer both Paypal and regular cc payment options. About 30% choose to use Paypal to pay us.

--Tina

Originally posted by Lorand M
    Tina,

Maybe you didn't have any problems exactly for the 5 figure reason. They tend to cause problems to the small ones.
    We didn't start out processing 5 figures. It grew over the years.

--Tina

Well, with a number like 30% you gotta go with it

Get a message board, pay nothing!
    Currently serving over 136,000 members. (live counter on main page)
    www.FreePowerBoards.com

Its actually cheaper for us to process payments through Paypal. We get a very good rate with them. If modernbill would integrate with Paypal's Webpay Pro service (acts like a true merchant account)...we would drop our merchant account.

--Tina

Originally posted by endocrineflippa
    and there is so many of them too...isn't it caught...not catched? ;-)
    Heh, yes, I was in a hurry. Thank for al the suggestions, no, we won't let him go, we will do all legal actions that need to be taken.

Originally posted by skatewhale
    Paypal's customer service is terrible, Try paypalsucks.com, they've got paypal's phone number and address! I heard that google is starting a new payment service, hope it'll replace paypal!
    I'm not sure about the US version of Paypal contact details, but I can very easily find the UK contact number, they reply to e-mails quite quick and very helpful on the phone!

The one thing I would say about them is that when someone makes a complaint... they should really read the complaint.

In their user complaints rules it states they can only bring up a complaint on a tangible item, clearly webhosting is intangible and although the customer mentioned several times "webhosting" and "internet account" etc they still carried on to it until we pointed out their own rules.

But as I said, overall they are pretty good!