Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In a word. No.

Originally posted by blue27
    In a word. No.
    I think blue summed it up nicely.

Think about it, as long as there is modern life, there will only be temporary peace.
    - Matt

Originally posted by Blankwire
    I think blue summed it up nicely.

Think about it, as long as there is modern life, there will only be temporary peace.
    Agreed, there is no way.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

War and violence is the way of nature. It will always exist. That is an unavoidable fact.

No USA Flag well this means...................

the world has been a battle ground for thousands of years. of course there will be peace temporarily, but in the end one nation will always attack another for whatever interest fits them.
    Kerry Jones

FlightLizard,

I'm not sure I understand your post, care to clarify?

And as long as there are organisms on earth with beating hearts there will be war.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

im offended, no british flag?

Bully,

Theres a limit to the number of emoticons one can use in a single thread.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I was joking - thats all -
    you list some flags I do not see the USA so off to war we go -
    nothing intended

I've said it today in an other thread and I'll say it again, we need to eradicate the concept of religion. Our common religion is Earth, why? Because it's the place where our kids, grand kids will grow and today we're giving them an uncertain future.

For those of you so worried about living an eternal life, we all live through our children. What we accomplish today will serve as a foundation for new generations, I'm not selfish enough to pollute my planet and then wait for my 50 virgins in paradise because if my kids and future generations can't live what I accomplished here today will be worth nothing.

Just my $0.02.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Originally posted by J-P
    I've said it today in an other thread and I'll say it again, we need to eradicate the concept of religion.
    Just my $0.02.
    Yeah, I'm not sure most people would go along with this. A good deal of war isn't about religion, and their will always be someone who would like to be more powerful than someone else.

If everyone thought that way, by now we would all be dirty, filthy communists!

Originally posted by ichris
    Yeah, I'm not sure most people would go along with this. A good deal of war isn't about religion, and their will always be someone who would like to be more powerful than someone else.

If everyone thought that way, by now we would all be dirty, filthy communists!
    Where did I mention communism in my post? Instead of fighting our differences we should all unite in a common interest, Earths preservation. Nature gave us intelligence but we're stupid enough to fight for things like territories, religion, etc. What will happen at the end is that we won't have anything to fight for, and it's too bad.
    Cloud VPS Hosting

I wish the world would live in peace but to it...fighting is a way to get what you want.

Originally posted by J-P
    Where did I mention communism in my post? Instead of fighting our differences we should all unite in a common interest, Earths preservation. Nature gave us intelligence but we're stupid enough to fight for things like territories, religion, etc. What will happen at the end is that we won't have anything to fight for, and it's too bad.
    I wasn't suggesting that you said anything about communism, that was in reference to the thread title.

Sorry about the mixup,

Originally posted by ichris
    I wasn't suggesting that you said anything about communism, that was in reference to the thread title.

Sorry about the mixup,
    No problem man, I agree with what you said though.
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Originally posted by blue27
    In a word. No.
    I think in one day, people will learn and come togather.

Originally posted by Criminal#58369
    Yah when aliens show up to invade earth (psstt. Independance Day)
    Cloud VPS Hosting

There will never be peace on earth. In the bible, the first born son Cain was a murderer.
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations

some day, many centuries from now.

It will never be peaceful, isnt that a shame

Originally posted by mikeylove
    some day, many centuries from now.
    When there's no human life left?

I think what's going to happen eventually is sort of what you sometimes see in futuristic movies, countries will close their borders, have tall walls and be closed from the rest of the world. Sort of like Troy.

Originally posted by varg
    Nope, ant colonies go to war with each others. So do bees. Probably many others.. such as wolf packs over territories.

Yes, and thats when the aliens will choose to invade (if they're not already living among us)

It will not happen. There will always be a person who wants more power then the other person. Only way to stop it is if we kill off the human kind. Which I do not agree with as well .

Originally posted by Criminal#58369
    Humans have been living for thousands of years on this planet. History has been known to repeat itself. You'd think that if world peace were possible, we would have achieved it by now.
    - Matt

Originally posted by Blankwire
    Humans have been living for thousands of years on this planet. History has been known to repeat itself. You'd think that if world peace were possible, we would have achieved it by now.
    We actually did... a couple of times, at the time of several empires...

Its kinda hard at the moment because alot of people astray from the word of God, which when you do not believe in God, you loose all your values and ethics..

Its religion, that is if everyone followed it the world will live in peace....

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by varg
    I"m estimating some time after the sun burns out.

we'll be around. We just won't be alive.

Originally posted by azizny
    Which religion are you referring to? Even those who believe in God and religion are caught up on fights and wars, I do believe there was a period of time where armies were sent out to have people convert, and if they didn't, the army would get to choose what to do with them. (at least I think )
    Last edited by Bofu2U; 07-08-2005 at 05:13 PM.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

As long as religious fundamentalists and fanatics from all religion are there and as long as right wing closed outlook people and leaders are there, there will be no peace. If these people gain complete upperhand, the word peace will even be out of dictionary.

It seems like the world would be better off if nobody believed in god.

I don't believe the world will ever live in peace. There will always be someone who believes he or she is better than everyone else. No one wants to try to understand others beliefs, traditions and nationalities. This all began with Cain and Abel and will continue through time until the world no longer exists.

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    Which religion are you referring to? Even those who believe in God and religion are caught up on fights and wars, I do believe there was a period of time where armies were sent out to have people convert, and if they didn't, the army would get to choose what to do with them. (at least I think )
    I am talking about the ones that came from God: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

They do not teach hate, but teach love. None of them order you to fight people and make you convert them. Yes people did do that (mostly chrisitans), but that was astryaing from their believes (you can never prove it from the word of God).

As I said, if people followed what their religions there would be no suffering. The problem comes when they dont.

Originally posted by mikeylove
    It seems like the world would be better off if nobody believed in god.
    It would be a living hell.... Just imagine, no guidelines.. no order nothing from the begining... Just think how the world would've been without religion.

Talking about Atheist, no standard ethics, no guidelines to lead their lives... there would be no difference between them and animals (beside being able to thinking better).

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by azizny
    We actually did... a couple of times, at the time of several empires...

Its kinda hard at the moment because alot of people astray from the word of God, which when you do not believe in God, you loose all your values and ethics..

Peace,

What a joke.
    You and your little religious fanatics are responsible for more wars than any other cause.

Abolish religion and you will be one step closer to peace.

You are an arrogant little man if you think you are above anyone on this forum or any other when it comes to values and ethics.
    Some of us don't need a crutch and some mythical entity to blame when we screw up. We are men enough to admit our mistakes and men enough to make our own ethical choices.

Interesting Response

http://today.reuters.com/News/newsAr...S-GROUP-DC.XML

World leaders agreed on Friday to more than double aid for Africa to $50 billion, presenting the deal as a message of hope that countered the hatred behind the London bomb attacks.

abolishing religion is definitely not the answer....some religions mean peace... though others like catholism dont mean peace...there are many that do...

and also to answer the topic...no...its against human nature...unless we unite and fight something else...we will always be at war amoung ourselves....

It would be a living hell.... Just imagine, no guidelines.. no order nothing from the begining... Just think how the world would've been without religion.
    If that were true, every athiest on the planet would be running around killing people.

Do i need to mention some of the horrible things that have been done 'in the name of god' lately?

• 9/11, the people who hijacked those planes believed that they would have 40 something virgins waiting for them in heaven.
    • Christian fundamentalists believe that the bible supposedly renouncing homosexuality is a valid reason to discriminate against gays.
    • Islamic Jews are hated throughout the middle east.
    • The KKK Believes the bible preaches intolerance towards anyone who isn't white and christian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast