Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

has anybody noticed how racist the WWE (wwf) is?

Tonight, i sat down in front of the tv to watch wrestling. I hadn't watched this show in a particularly long time, but i felt like watching it tonight.

While watching, i observed the following blatantly racist story lines

A group of mexicans who call themselves "the mexicools" have an enterance which involves them riding to the ring in a riding lawn mower which is decked out with various decorations (eg: leopard print). One of them is carrying a rake.

A guy named "mohammed hussan" and another guy named "novari" have a match against the undertaker. Novari is much smaller than mohammed, and is forced to wrestle the undertaker alone. Before the batch, mohammed says "you must sacarfice yourself for a greater cause". During the match, the undertaker wins in a matter of minutes. After the match ends, mohammed is standing outside the ring, near the enterface. He then gets down on his knees, and puts his arms to the air. Once that happens, 8 masked men run into the ring and beat down the undertaker. After the beat down, they take some kind of wire, and choke out the undertaker. They do this for a few minutes until the undertaker passes out. After this happens, the men gather around the undertaker, get on their knees, and raise their hands into the air as if they are sacarficing the undertaker to their god. After that finishes, the 8 men pick up novari, and put him over their head, while he is laying on his back. The bit then ends.

Now, i might just be over reacting here. But, does this seem horribly horribly racist to anybody else?

People still watch westling?!

Seriously though, the WWE (or WWF, or whatever it's called now) has been going downhill for quite some time now. This is basically just a meager attempt to get some half-decent ratings.

Don't let it get to you.
    - Matt

Kids are watching this show. Children shouldn't be learning these kinds of things.

Not sure why it is really racist? Does it really matter what color of skin or race they are? Would it be still racist if it was a different person? Though I did not see it so maybe it is more "harsh" then you are stating? I will do a little research to see what I can come up with.

Originally posted by Torith
    Not sure why it is really racist? Does it really matter what color of skin or race they are? Would it be still racist if it was a different person? Though I did not see it so maybe it is more "harsh" then you are stating? I will do a little research to see what I can come up with.

Watch it and you will see.

These WWE shams do nothing but perpetuate negative racial stereotypes and are very unacceptable for young people to be watching.

I don't know if the WWE is racist but I know one major resturant chain is. They put a whole bunch of white people into a wooden building and then call it "Cracker Barrel", you can't get more racist then that

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

Originally posted by blue27
    Watch it and you will see.

These WWE shams do nothing but perpetuate negative racial stereotypes and are very unacceptable for young people to be watching.
    Wow that is a shame. I have not watched it in years (around 4 or more years now), and seems it has gone down hill .

Originally posted by RossH
    I don't know if the WWE is racist but I know one major resturant chain is. They put a whole bunch of white people into a wooden building and then call it "Cracker Barrel", you can't get more racist then that

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

Funny you should mention Cracker Barrel.
    I think they do great breakfasts, but that's another story.

The owner of Cracker Barrel restaurants has been accused of racism many times and has in fact paid huge fines regarding segregation of Blacks in the Cracker Barrel restaurants and for publicly refusing to hire gays.

I'm for free markets. Let a private business choose who they want to hire. The public will punish them with their wallets if it is unacceptable, and if the public doesn't mind and continues to patronize them- then they shouldn't be punished.

Government only exists to perpetuate the will of the people, remember
    So far I have not needed to make 31 posts thanks to the search function.

So you support racism.

Don't put words in my mouth, I'm not that easily trolled. Just because I don't believe something is the government's place to intervene doesn't make me a supporter of racism.

I'm for letting the general public sort things out. Then again, authoritarian fascist types always have a problem with that.

Eh, WWE is great It's just a storyline, it's upto the parents to stop their kids watching it if they don't think it's suitable, some of us enjoy it and accept it for what it is.

Originally posted by Muzzleflash
    Don't put words in my mouth, I'm not that easily trolled. Just because I don't believe something is the government's place to intervene doesn't make me a supporter of racism.

I'm for letting the general public sort things out. Then again, authoritarian fascist types always have a problem with that.

How can you possibly differentiate?
    You say that the owner should have the choice.
    So, if the owner is a Grand Master of the KKK and decides he will not hire Blacks or Jews you support it.
    Therefore you support racism.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Originally posted by Blankwire
    People still watch westling?!
    Thats the funny thing... What a waste of time to watch wrestling.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

It's not racism, it's part of the show designed to appeal to all viewers.

The Undertaker Beating the Mexicools - appealed to undertaker fans (racist or not)

Mexicool Posse Sacrificing the Undertaker - appealed to mexicool fans (racist or not)

Anthony Bullock
    Freelance Website & Graphic Designer
    SiteLotus.com - Freelance Design Portfolio
    Follow me on Twitter

The Undertaker Beating the Mexicools - appealed to undertaker fans (racist or not)
    The undertaker didn't beat the mexicools. The mexicools ran out durin ga completely different match to do this.

Mexicool Posse Sacrificing the Undertaker - appealed to mexicool fans (racist or not)
    Again, not the mexicools. These were arab characters.

This is clearly an anti-arab message.

blue27,

Trolling again I see.
    Would a black, jew or gay really want to work for one of the head members of the KKK who wants them killed?

Yeah, right.
    As someone else stated: Let the market decide, afterall this is capitalism. Wallets make the final decision.

Muzzleflash,

Just ignore him. He continues to use these same tactics in every argument because he can't think for himself.

Originally posted by blue27
    How can you possibly differentiate?
    You say that the owner should have the choice.
    So, if the owner is a Grand Master of the KKK and decides he will not hire Blacks or Jews you support it.
    Therefore you support racism.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    If I don't support having the government go into Mosques and make sure no Imams are saying anything that is hateful to the US, do I support terrorism?

I support freedom. Some people use it constructively, some don't.

Your hypothetical Grand Master would go bankrupt in a month, because the public would take care of the problem by taking their business elsewhere. If our country has degraded to the point where the average citizen doesn't care what the policies of the owner are, the government has no responsability in that matter. It's supposed to represent what the public wants, remember?

I bet you think that forcing people to be in the social security system instead of letting them put the money to their own use is good too.

Edit: I can guess that you're an affirmative action supporter.
    So.. you think that blacks are so inferior that we'll never get anywhere unless the odds are tipped in our favor?

Disgusting and extremely offensive. I'm ceasing participation in this thread.

Re: has anybody noticed how racist the WWE (wwf) is?

Originally posted by mikeylove
    Tonight, i sat down in front of the tv to watch wrestling. I hadn't watched this show in a particularly long time, but i felt like watching it tonight.

While watching, i observed the following blatantly racist story lines

A group of mexicans who call themselves "the mexicools" have an enterance which involves them riding to the ring in a riding lawn mower which is decked out with various decorations (eg: leopard print). One of them is carrying a rake.

A guy named "mohammed hussan" and another guy named "novari" have a match against the undertaker. Novari is much smaller than mohammed, and is forced to wrestle the undertaker alone. Before the batch, mohammed says "you must sacarfice yourself for a greater cause". During the match, the undertaker wins in a matter of minutes. After the match ends, mohammed is standing outside the ring, near the enterface. He then gets down on his knees, and puts his arms to the air. Once that happens, 8 masked men run into the ring and beat down the undertaker. After the beat down, they take some kind of wire, and choke out the undertaker. They do this for a few minutes until the undertaker passes out. After this happens, the men gather around the undertaker, get on their knees, and raise their hands into the air as if they are sacarficing the undertaker to their god. After that finishes, the 8 men pick up novari, and put him over their head, while he is laying on his back. The bit then ends.

Now, i might just be over reacting here. But, does this seem horribly horribly racist to anybody else?
    My mother lets my 9 year old brother watch this garbage.

He just stayed the night with me, and wanted to watch one of his wrestling videos. Last time I watched wrestling, it was pretty clean, just a bunch of people hitting each other and throwing them around, with a decent mix of amazing acrobatics being performed, so this was no big issue.

I was assisting customers and not paying a huge amount of attention, when I looked up to see someone litterally COVERED in blood staggering down the walkway... ... after listening, found out this was a 'burried alive' match. ...

So I keep watching it out of utter shock, and at the end of it, someone is thrown into the 'grave' (a hole in a big mound of dirt) and a construction truck (one with a big scoop on the front... payload deliverer? something...) dumps an entire payload ontop to 'bury' him. ...

And all the while... he (my little 9 year old brother) is laughing?

What kind of sick <explicitave deleted> is this country getting into?
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs