Post Considering Reseller Center?

A simple message to anybody considering Reseller Center...

STAY AWAY!!!

What was once an awesome company is now a steaming pile of crap on the floor.

Servers...suck
    Communications...non-existent
    Support...sucks
    Attitude...blows

You'd be better hooking up a 14.4 modem to a Commodore 64 and using that as your server.

Spend your money elsewhere, save yourself a world of headaches.

Hi, buckROGERSfn

Sorry to hear that, who is that company ? Never heared of them.
    How long have you been with them?

Thanks
    Last edited by productive; 07-07-2005 at 06:04 PM.

Re: Considering Reseller Center?

You'd be better hooking up a 14.4 modem to a Commodore 64 and using that as your server.
    Funny, made me laugh.

Re: Considering Reseller Center?

Originally posted by buckROGERSfn

Communications...non-existent
    Attitude...blows
    RC had a pretty loyal following - and from what Ive heard from their clients - almost everything was excusable except for the above 2 points - I think if they had taken care of these 2 points above - the damage would've been quite minimal...

Hopefully the new owners take this sort of feedback and turn things around...

Just out of curiousity, what is the domain that you have hosted with them?
    ~ Nick

Originally posted by productive
    Hi, buckROGERSfn

Sorry to hear that, who is that company ? Never heared of them.
    How long have you been with them?

Thanks

Two years when it was run by the original owners. It was awesome then. It has recently been acquired by some new owners that are doing everything in their power to run it into the ground.

I'm getting things setup with a new host - then I'm out of there forever!

hi, buckROGERSfn

well you have to do what you have to do for the sake of your business.

Good luck

Sorry to hear that, who is that company ?
    I believe he's referring to Reseller-center.com

Just out of curiousity, what is the domain that you have hosted with them?
    Chances are he's a reseller, so he values his anonymity.

buckROGERSfn, you may send your domain name to me at ldcdc[at]webhostingtalk.com; I will then simply confirm here that the domain you gave me is hosted with that host.

Best of luck!

I agree 100% with EVERYTHING that buckROGERSfn has said in this post.

The (new) RC is a complete JOKE !!!!

As soon as I organise a new host - I am gone as well !!!!

Stay away from RC at all costs !!!!!

I am afraid I have to agree with the posters above.

Reseller-center used to be a very good company with very good support. But now support is almost non-existant.

I have been a customer there since around October 2003, however I do not plan on being a customer for much longer.

Glad to see its not just me in this mess. The last straw for me was when I spoke to an "owner" of the new RC regarding an issue and his reply was...

"It's not my problem."

Ahhh...customer service at its best. I'm amazed at how how much they treat customers like an annoyance.

Good luck to all with your new hosts. On a positive note, almost anywhere you go can't be as bad as what you've got now with RC!
    Last edited by buckROGERSfn; 07-08-2005 at 09:05 AM.

In addition to everything else, they seem to have dropped the Helm control panel, as well as all the supporting help files, without notifying customers.

I'm outta there.

Hate to say I told you so again. But I guess I can.

I wish all the Reseller-Center and ex-reseller-center customers luck with there new host.

Maybe one that does not start out like they did will last a lot longer. LoL Karama always gets you back in the end or should I say Mike, Alan and Sean from Reseller-Center in this case. It's sad because we have had a lot of customers come back to use that went to RC because they thought they were getting a better "deal" I guess that does not make a big difference when the company starts of with bad karama.
    Last edited by Vortech; 07-15-2005 at 11:43 PM.

FWIW,
    Sean purchased the Helm customers from RC, and things still seem to be stable on the Helm end of things. He's launching a host called WindowsLogin for Helm accounts.
    Just FYI.
    RC was one of my hosting "experiments"--I try out new Windows and/or Win/Unix hosts now and then to see if I can get a better deal, better uptime or whatever than Matrix/Vortech.
    The bottom line is that I've been with MatrixReseller for more than 2 years and haven't found anyone as good or better, except for ServInt, where I keep about a dozen Unix accounts on a VPS.

Originally posted by virgvv
    In addition to everything else, they seem to have dropped the Helm control panel, as well as all the supporting help files, without notifying customers.

I'm outta there.

Yes Helm was sold to Sean.. He is definately finishing up his site and all helm customers can contact him through the ticket section as normal..
    Reseller-Network.Com
    "Hosting Redefined"

I agree with all the above, I was with reseller-center for 2 years, everything went down hill after their first upgrade attempt and then the sale, no email for 1 week, no working sites and no communication.

Mike, from reseller-network, pretty nice site, but I would never sign up with you guys again, you are the old RC staff, Mike and Sean et all. Although I did get a good value from you when you owned RC, the way you betrayed and disrespected all your customers makes me sick. If you did it before, you will do it again

Stay away from those guys.....

Just wounder how long it will be before mike and the gang %^&* some more customers by not telling them there being sold. LoL

Smart man megalodon.

I try an avoid WHT because the ability for open discussion which is by definition A Forum regarding the Issues seems to be lost and now it is only a medium for throwing stones.

First buckROGERS I am sorry your experience with Reseller Center did not live up to your expectations. There was a problem with the mail server move that caused an extended outage and mistakes were made and for that I apologize.

I also think to be fair some of the positives in the last 60 days should be mentioned as to provide that needed fairness that goes along with Open Discussion:
    - During the month of June we migrated 22 servers with several thousands of domains to a new datacenter across the country and no accounts were lost and no accounts suffered downtime because of migration problems.

- We have credited 60 days of free hosting for all customers with regards to the migration issues.

- In the month of June 96% of support tickets were answered within 2 hours, in July that number has increased to 97.5% within 2 hours. Beginning August 1 we will begin providing Phone Support and we are going to test drive Online Chat.

- We have doubled all plan resources and have not increased prices. We have added 5 new servers to the cluster and plan on adding more to begin distributing accounts on existing servers that we believe are a little overloaded. We have begun a new cluster for new customers so that additional load is not added to the existing cluster.

- We have purchased over 7000 Hsphere Licenses to ensure Psofts support of the cluster. We have also hired and brought to the US 2 support techs from Eastern Europe VERY familiar UNIX admins and 1 from a known Canadian Support Company to add to our already highly skilled team of technicians.

- We have upgraded the cluster with customer backup capabilities and added Easyapp to the cluster with 20 different apps.

- We even provide 2 server clusters priced at 249.00 a month for those resellers that would like to sell to other resellers.
    I strongly believe that reseller center will provide even better service now than it ever has before. We have a better network, better servers, updated software and a team that is committed to our customers success.

I would also appreciate information regarding this "It's not my problem." if you could provide me a ticket number or who sent this to you I will assure you they will be dealt with severely. I watch the tickets daily and I am surprised I did not catch something like this.

Finally regarding statements about not being the same, driving it into the ground and the litany goes on. Anytime a company changes ownership there is going to be changes and adjustments to way things are handled. My first question is if things were so perfect why was it sold.

<Snipped by mod.>

Thank you

PS... Vortech get over Mike and Alan they are good people and believe in supporting customers one on one and doing a great job of it. I hope there current venture is a success. Holding grudges is not healthy and having ill well towards others is always visited twice on the one wishing it.
    My mother taught me that one.....
    Last edited by ldcdc; 07-28-2005 at 04:00 AM.

No down time?

No downtime? Do you have proof there was no downtime? What about changing IP addresses on the ftp server without notifying your resellers? What about the other issues that came out without warning? You guys should do well out west because all you were doing for a while was putting out fires. This migration couldn't have been planned, if it was then God bless ya because you need to learn to plan.

Experience in technology is not all you need, you have one of the worst support people running point in your forums I've ever experienced. This person needs a Dale Carnegie course if you're going to leave him/her on the front desk of the support forum. Their attitude causes you more grief than the actual support issues themselves.

As for being 'committed to our customers success', it would be good to hear an explanation of the awful handling of the mail issue. One poor slob has an account that is deemed to be a 'spammer' and RC slapped everyone with a 150 piece email limit as a cure for the mess made with the mail move (Orlando>Houston>Orlando>?). There goes any client newsletters being produced. To dump salt in the wounds RC set up a new mail server for NEW customers with a 1500 piece limit. And you say you're not trying to drive anyone away?

You assumption of the former RC was deceitful. First off RC annouced the purchase of a DC in Houston, then we learned (by much nagging) that it was a merger an then the cat was let out of the bag and we were told that the old RC was purchased by you. Now then, 'and adjustments to way things are handled' may be a good statement for you to make here but your staff comes off as a bit dictatorial, specifcally your point person in the forums, when dealing with your clients.

Two things have fubar'd this 'merger' - poor communications and the fact that the new owners (by their actions) refuse to accept their clients as resellers. They seem to think that they don't have a responsibilty to conduct their dealings with resellers in the same manner the resellers do with their own clients. In other words - we are YOUR customers.

Originally posted by slsgod

- During the month of June we migrated 22 servers with several thousands of domains to a new datacenter across the country and no accounts were lost and no accounts suffered downtime because of migration problems.

- We have purchased over 7000 Hsphere Licenses to ensure Psofts support of the cluster. We have also hired and brought to the US 2 support techs from Eastern Europe VERY familiar UNIX admins and 1 from a known Canadian Support Company to add to our already highly skilled team of technicians.

We have a better network, better servers, updated software and a team that is committed to our customers success.

Finally regarding statements about not being the same, driving it into the ground and the litany goes on. Anytime a company changes ownership there is going to be changes and adjustments to way things are handled.

Re: No down time?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by larckservices
    No downtime? Do you have proof there was no downtime?
    Yes I do have proof we have 2 sets of internal monitoring servers that log every servers status and posts it in a report in addition to notifying our admins of a server down.

What about changing IP addresses on the ftp server without notifying your resellers?
    We did send out notification emails and made posts in our forum regarding the changing of ips, in fact two of the very first emails we sent described the migration process and that the following services would be affected.
    DNS server ips would change
    Any customers using third party DNS and pointing to specific ips those would change.
    Any customers pointing to static ips for databases, mail or any other services will change.

What about the other issues that came out without warning?
    We informed all customers that customizations outside of Hsphere would not transfer over and would have to be recreated, this included any custom permissions, custom dll's or server side settings that were done manually.

Experience in technology is not all you need, you have one of the worst support people running point in your forums I've ever experienced. This person needs a Dale Carnegie course if you're going to leave him/her on the front desk of the support forum. Their attitude causes you more grief than the actual support issues themselves.
    I would have to agree with you there and that issue is being resolved now.

As for being 'committed to our customers success', it would be good to hear an explanation of the awful handling of the mail issue. One poor slob has an account that is deemed to be a 'spammer' and RC slapped everyone with a 150 piece email limit as a cure for the mess made with the mail move (Orlando>Houston>Orlando>?). There goes any client newsletters being produced. To dump salt in the wounds RC set up a new mail server for NEW customers with a 1500 piece limit. And you say you're not trying to drive anyone away?
    Actually your statement is incorrect we had a Real spammer that was sending out 1000's of emails and we were being added to several lists we reduced the number to 150 so as to curtail the spam and to give us time to find the spammer which we did. The new cluster and the old clusters have the exact same limits and there not at 150 that was to stop the spam.

Now then, 'and adjustments to way things are handled' may be a good statement for you to make here but your staff comes off as a bit dictatorial, specifcally your point person in the forums, when dealing with your clients. I sense that our forum person is the one that has really pissed you off in this and for that I am truly sorry.

Two things have fubar'd this 'merger' - poor communications and the fact that the new owners (by their actions) refuse to accept their clients as resellers. They seem to think that they don't have a responsibilty to conduct their dealings with resellers in the same manner the resellers do with their own clients. In other words - we are YOUR customers.
    I would have to agree anytime you have customers raising issues of communication the company did not provide something that you needed to continue to be a customer and that is on us.
    With regards to you last statement you are our customer and deserve to be treated with respect and deserve to have your issues addressed as they come up. I am sorry that your expectations were not met.
    I can appreciate your issue with the forums and as I said that will be resolved. I also feel our support team has done an excellent job taking care of the customer and their issues and the new services and plans we have for RC are exciting and will truly benefit our Customers.

I just left RC after being with them a couple of years.

Frankly, every negative thing said in this thread is true. Just in May things went utterly to crap. I have rarely seen something go from so very good to so bad in such a short time.

And they didn't get over it. It's still bad. I could sit and list the ways. My client's email was out all day the day before I left them.

My experience was just the same as reported above 1) bad attitude 2) no communication 3) outages 4) odd problems that come and go 5) policy changes with no notice given. 6) no response to outage trouble tickets.

Even today reading the their forums, problems just go on and on. They can't answer the simplest questions in a straight manner that satisfies.

You could tell the old RC with Mike and Sean was pretty good. You could pretty much know when they were sleeping because that was the only time you didn't get support answers back quickly.

I wouldn't go with them again though the way they handled the transition was secretive and low.

I'm not normally the type that holds this much racor towards any company. RC's new owners caused me a tremendous amount of stress with my clients and not just once.

The new RC has come across to me as the most rank amateurs that you could imagine. They failed on every level IMO.

Right On

You're right on there, I know what was posted in reply to my original post but you and I and some other resellers) know different.

I moved on as well, I tried to wait it out and thought/hoped things would get better but they didn't.

slsgod may think that only one person at RC pissed me off but he/she was just the person the resellers communicated (?) with in the forums. I think I mentioned in a couple of posts the inconsistent support and poor communications was big part of their undoing. Placing this egocentric person as point of contact only made bad situations worse. Some may not agree with me on this point but even when you're wrong you have a responsibility to your clients to level with them. It takes more work to cover a lie than tell the truth, painful as it can be at times.

They just don't get it, we are resellers and no matter the size of our client list we have a responsibility to our clients. RC just didn't seem be concerned that they were putting a hurting on the reseller's realtionship with their own clients. How many times did we hear something to the effect that their last migration went worse than the RC migration did? Wonder how many of those folks are still with them.

Glad to see you moved on, not to hurt RC but to see that some will not tolerate poor service & poor communications.

I just finished a great book, "Call To Action" by the Eisenbergs (which is actually a quote from another book by Deborah Tannen) and they have a great statement that I'll close with:

"Communications is a continual balancing act..."

Re: Right On

Originally posted by larckservices
    You're right on there, I know what was posted in reply to my original post but you and I and some other resellers) know different.

I moved on as well, I tried to wait it out and thought/hoped things would get better but they didn't.
    [...]
    I made it through the May problems and gave them a second chance. However the two day mail outage/fiasco in June and the way it was handled was unforgiveable. At that point I knew I was moving on no matter what they did going forward. They could have given me free service for a year and I would have still left.

It took me a while to get everything off there and find new hosts and the ironic thing is, meanwhile they were still having all kinds of problems. They still have not learned from their mistakes and were *completely* tone-deaf to what their customers were telling them.

It funny to hear him say "we're aware of the problem and we're going to fix it."

In fact it's just hilarious.

I must been under a rock. When did Reseller Center get sold? I used their service but discontinued about a year ago and moved to Vortech. While the R-C service was just ok back then, I moved to Vortech and it was much better. The reason that I left R-C was because I did not like the mail servers. I see now with R-C being sold, mail issues continue. Maybe it doesn't make any difference who owns R-C. Maybe it's the configuration of the cluster (software and/or unachieving hardware).
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

I would also appreciate information regarding this "It's not my problem." if you could provide me a ticket number or who sent this to you I will assure you they will be dealt with severely. I watch the tickets daily and I am surprised I did not catch something like this.
    Well, since it was "The Boss" who said it in a phone conversation, there is no ticket to review. He was rude and sarcastic in our conversation. Since he is "The Boss", how can you yell at him for a crappy attitude?

My first question is if things were so perfect why was it sold.
    ...And there is the attitude shining through.

Originally posted by intellec
    I must been under a rock. When did Reseller Center get sold? I used their service but discontinued about a year ago and moved to Vortech. While the R-C service was just ok back then, I moved to Vortech and it was much better. The reason that I left R-C was because I did not like the mail servers. I see now with R-C being sold, mail issues continue. Maybe it doesn't make any difference who owns R-C. Maybe it's the configuration of the cluster (software and/or unachieving hardware).
    Chew on these awhile:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...5&pagenumber=1

http://www.reseller-center.com/forum...hl=rumor&st=45

http://www.reseller-center.com/forum...=0&#entry35727

When RC would go incommunicado these were the best and only sources of information.

It all comes down to the old saying...

"Treat a customer good and they'll tell a friend. Treat a customer bad and they'll tell everybody they meet."

I run my business by that saying. Not all businesses do the same.

29. wow can companies change soo soon?