Thread: pleaseee

pleaseee

Hello there.

I am looking for a dedicated server to store my files of size around 400mb.I want to share these files with my community.
    I am looking or the following :

Around 500mb space.
    Around 150gb or unmetered bandwidth.
    Monthly payment.

Can I use my credit card at these providers ? or
    is there a chance of fraud ?

Please leave your opinions.

hi, dhillonfc

Have you done a search here ? Im sure that you can find some good deals here. Fraud ? just ask about the comapny history. Call the company, chat with the company and decide.

Good luck

I am looking for a dedicated server to store my files of size
    Dedicated or VPS? If VPS there are tonnes of providers just take a look in other posts! If dedi look the the forum above/below.
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Originally posted by affordahost
    Dedicated or VPS? If VPS there are tonnes of providers just take a look in other posts! If dedi look the the forum above/below.
    I have taken a look but it's very confusing.
    Could you experts help me with most suitable plans.
    Should I go for reseller, vPS or else.

Thanks.

Hi dhillonfc,

This really depends on the site usage. I'm quite positive that you do not need a dedicated server at this stage (as I'm positive that you don't need an unmetered bandwidth), so the two options are either a reseller account or a VPS.

With a reseller account you'll have many boundaries, while with a VPS that's not the case. However, I suggest that you search for a host that will provide you with a managed VPS (instead of unmanaged). This way you won't have to worry about not knowing to work with command line much (or at all). If you go for a VPS, I also suggest you get it with a control panel.

Many hosts accept credit cards as a method of payment. Depending on your location, it might get marked as a "possible fraudulent order" due to excessive fraud attempts from that region. In most cases you'll be asked to verify your identity.

Cheers,
    Milovan
    Have a question?

Thanks guys.

So the consensus is that I should go with VPS with CP.
    Are they fast enough to support 100 people downloading around
    300MB file at the same time.

Are there any hosts in your list for my suiting ?