Can a search engine index and make public the threads of a pword forum?

I want to set up a forum accessible only read and post through passwords. It is a simple PHP/MySQL forum with the threads stored in the database. Can those threads be indexed by a search engine and made public in anyway? I don't want that to happen.

This is a small company and I want a forum like system to exchange info among employees and I need it to be accesible from home.Otherwise the solution would be just installing the forum in the intranet.

How is this usually done?

Ellesmere Port, Wirral, UK
    You could set a .htaccess file in the forum dir to prevent anybody but those with the password from accessing. High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

I don't know much about pword but I know with other forum scripts that I have used I could either set a password for that forum or allow only members who I added to a special user group to view and post in certain threads. Then after all your employees are registered you could always look for an option to disallow new registrations.
    ~ Nick

some forums software allows you to set it so only registered users may access a forum

that way only members/employees can access the forums and topics.
    E:magineHosts (Department Of E:magine Limited)
    emagine the possibilities
    Aaron - CTO, founder & Director Of Technical Support/Customer Support/Technology of E:magine Limited
    Windows,Linux, VPS Hosting environments