How about site5.com?

Hello all, I have been using fuitadnet.com for some time now, and after much headache with them, (the latest being that the support ticket operator thought I could install vBulletin with Fantastico)

I decided to switch services.

Site5.com seems to have exactly what I am looking for services wise. I was originally considering hostgator, but something told me not to.

I plan on using the shared hosting for a forum, a small main page, and to store home videos and pictures I take.

Any bad stories so far?

Also, whats with all the my.site5.com stuff? Seems they have a very customized Control Panel, but on them forums I saw questions about Cpanel, can use use either?

But reading some of the site info, and blogs of the devs, they seem to be really commited, and have some great ideas for the future, plus I've heard they've been around since '98?

hi, john1744

Yes Site5.com are knows to some to be commited, but if you are looking for more control of features I would suggest cpanel as your control panel. Do a search in this forum you can find answers to all your questions.

Good luck

john1744,

Welcome to the forum.

I have recently created an account at Site5 for my client. It has been 1,5 month probably and my client is happy with them. Their Customer Support is knowledgable and fast.

I personally never had experience with them.

You can also search around the forum to find more feedback about them
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Seems they have a very customized Control Panel, but on them forums I saw questions about Cpanel, can use use either?
    Netadmin, their control panel, is based on cPanel and retains its functionality, but wraps it in a branded, different skin. As with anything, you might like it, you might not. It's up to each person.

my.site5 is an interface that allows you to control everything regarding your site5 account more easily, but you can choose not to use it if you don't find it useful. It can be seen as a point of entry with doors to all other areas.

When customers log into the new my.Site5.com, they gain access to essential customer features including billing and account administration, technical support, webmail, and more.
    (Quoted From http://site5.com/superhosting/mysite5.php)

site5 have a pretty solid reputation over alot of people. You should search the forums and read through comments made although some are sometimes biased. Personally i think site5 would be a good choice.

Site5 has a pretty solid reputation, and I plan on going with them in the future (I haven't made my choice, but I'm leaning towards them). The support is great (I personally don't use phone, so I can't say anything about that), they answered my questions in a short amount of time.

Support is a little slow at times (1h at some times of day) i'm not sure where their 15 minute response times come in, since i've never experienced that.

But that being said, site5 is worth the extra money. I've been with them 4 months now hosting 5 sites--some very resource intensive. The servers are LIGHTNING fast and stable. Never once had even an issue of latency.

Site5 helps me sleep at night. BTW, the FAQ is quite amusing.

"Do you give non-profit or educational discounts?

No. Sorry. Hey, we're just doing our part to make sure that non-profit companies remain profitless."

I love Site5. I have several sites with them and have been very impressed. Looking over the last ten tickets I sent in, all were responded to within 15. Some within 5. I think the key to a quick response is a detailed and well written request.

I'd say go for it, becuase you won't be sorry.

I've been a site5 customer for about 6 months now, very stable and streamlined. cPanel is only avialable to resellers, everyone else uses NetAdmin, which is far better anyway, that along with their excellent support system in my.site5 make it a great choice.

Yes, for the most part Site5 is pretty good.

But, as with any host no matter who they are, you might run into problems every now and then.

Site5 is pretty good about addessing them and trying to get them fixed quickly.

Re: How about site5.com?

Originally posted by john1744
    Hello all, I have been using fuitadnet.com for some time now, and after much headache with them, (the latest being that the support ticket operator thought I could install vBulletin with Fantastico)

I decided to switch services.

Site5.com seems to have exactly what I am looking for services wise. I was originally considering hostgator, but something told me not to.

I plan on using the shared hosting for a forum, a small main page, and to store home videos and pictures I take.

Any bad stories so far?

Also, whats with all the my.site5.com stuff? Seems they have a very customized Control Panel, but on them forums I saw questions about Cpanel, can use use either?

But reading some of the site info, and blogs of the devs, they seem to be really commited, and have some great ideas for the future, plus I've heard they've been around since '98?
    NetAdmin4 is just a customized skin for cPanel that they've developed in-house *ducks from Site5-Matt's wrath*. But seriously, it's so much more than that. Also, they have a 30 day money back guarantee - so, what do you have to lose?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Originally posted by danbuhler
    Site5 helps me sleep at night. BTW, the FAQ is quite amusing.

"Do you give non-profit or educational discounts?

No. Sorry. Hey, we're just doing our part to make sure that non-profit companies remain profitless."
    That's just Site5 Humor 1.0, installed by default in every Site5 technician.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

I've been a site5 customer since April and I can't really find anything bad to say about them - which is a big switch from what I'm used to with hosts.

NetAdmin is their branded cPanel and I personally love it. It's much more organized than the default cPanel skins. Since I am actually signed up for their MultiSite account, I also have (quite) limited access to WHM. By limited I mean I can create, modify, change passwords on, and delete accounts - which is actually all the functionality I need.

@danbuhler: If you think an hour is slow for support, try waiting a week for a response (former host).
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

I found out about site5 from another board a few days ago. I checked them out and they look good from their advertising and sales page.

However, when I pulled up about 8 different sites that they host, they came up really slowly...maybe 3-5 seconds before they even started to load.

This would have been late afternoon/early evening on the US mainland so I don't think it would have been the backup/slowness issue that was mentioned on the previous message.

On the plus side they seemed to have less than 10 sites on a server which was really good.

Anyone else noticed that their servers seem to be pretty slow?

I've also read in several places that they will shut your site down if it gets too much traffic and try to push you to a dedicated server.

Yes site5 seems to be decent enough. I have one of my associate's website hosted there and they seem fine.
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    Php laravel developers,
    Ruby on Rails developers,
    www.chrisranjana.com

No- the server I'm on is super fast! Login to your server via SSH and type top. This will let you know if the server you're on is being overworked.

Originally posted by voodoolove1
    I found out about site5 from another board a few days ago. I checked them out and they look good from their advertising and sales page.

However, when I pulled up about 8 different sites that they host, they came up really slowly...maybe 3-5 seconds before they even started to load.

This would have been late afternoon/early evening on the US mainland so I don't think it would have been the backup/slowness issue that was mentioned on the previous message.

On the plus side they seemed to have less than 10 sites on a server which was really good.

Anyone else noticed that their servers seem to be pretty slow?

I've also read in several places that they will shut your site down if it gets too much traffic and try to push you to a dedicated server.

I am pleased to see an overall positive view on Site5 in this thread; which supports the research I've done all over the web on that company.
    I also have a site hosted with them (rules on self-promotion forbid me from mentioning its URL here), and things have been working out fine.

I LOVE their control panel, which has a very pleasant interface.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

hello,
    i have done an email enquiry to sales team and it took more than 2 days to get a response from the stie5.com..
    ah anyway they claimed that the support team responds within 15 miins..and sales teams really sloww..

but since such a delay was there from the sales team.. i was confused whether to take it or not..and i didnt take them

Originally posted by hotneomatrix
    hello,
    i have done an email enquiry to sales team and it took more than 2 days to get a response from the stie5.com..
    ah anyway they claimed that the support team responds within 15 miins..and sales teams really sloww..

but since such a delay was there from the sales team.. i was confused whether to take it or not..and i didnt take them
    Hello,

Site5 sales only works M-F, 9-5 (though there's rumors of that changing). So, if you sent in a request after 5PM PST or over the weekend, then most likely it'd get responded to on the next business day. Not sure if that's the case, but thats how they operate. (This is actually stated in the ticket system reply that you get.)

I researched here and other places as well and made the move myself around a month ago. So far I have been very pleased. I have a pretty busy site and the server seems to be very fast and stable.

Over the last couple of days I have had some intermittent down time. This is the first time I have seen this and within 10 minutes of opening a support ticket it was replied to. So far I am very pleased and would recommend them.
    eXtremepixels.com - Professional forum skins.

Thanks for the great replies guys, I plan on purchasing hosting from sit5.com as soon as vBulletin 3.5.0 is released.

Originally posted by hotneomatrix
    hello,

i got a reply in less than 5 minutes from sales and less than 5 mins from their forum staff... answered all my presales questions promptly and courteously.

i like

5site is a weird site in my opinion

It's site5.

What is your experience with them?