Is there some minimum criteria for starting a new thread

Few of my friends(referrals) to this site were complaining that they are not able to post a new thread. Is there any such condition or criteria?

Thanks

I don't believe so, but take it up with the Help Desk.
    - Matt

Re: Is there some minimum criteria for starting a new thread

Originally posted by Aji
    Few of my friends(referrals) to this site were complaining that they are not able to post a new thread. Is there any such condition or criteria?

Thanks
    No, but the thread may not violate any of the http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

Well, if there's a quality threshold that needs to be met, this thread is a perfect example of how low the bar is set. Beyond that, as was mentioned above, a help desk request to the mods should clear up any individual issues that have arisen.

From the rules:

"Some forum categories have a "minimum post count" restriction before a member is allowed to start a new thread. Please read the Forum Description if you get a permissions error while trying to start a thread. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled. "
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Greg, for the love of God will you PLEASE stop making these meaningless posts to try and circumvent the restrictions!!! I mean, isn't it enough to have made 8600+ of the damn things???

(I kid because I care. )

Yeah I should probably try to add some substance to my posts now I'm over 5 (or whatever the actual limit is).

Funnily enough I think I've probably started less than a dozen threads in the 5 odd years I've been here.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.