TurbulentMedia.Com

Since I just found this site, I wanted to let people know that with all the bad hosts listed on here, I've got a great host that I've had since november that I'd recommend to anyone. It's a small company named Turbulent Media, I found through a friend that uses them. I purchased their $5 plan, and it has everything I need and much more! I mostly use my site for email, but when I've had other stuff on it, their tech support has been really helpful. I've had 4 tickets opened since I started, mostly asking for advice, and learning stuff. They have always been fast and courtious. It's good to know there is still a company out there that treats each customer like they are the only one. I'm sure that's not the case, but it's nice to get good service. I'll have to let my friend know about this site so he can rate them..

Jake

How do you use a host since november when they didn't exist until january 2005?

http://www.checkdomain.com/cgi-bin/c...ulentMedia.Com

I find it extremely odd that your domain name and turbulentmedia's name are owned by the same person, address, etc.

http://www.checkdomain.com/cgi-bin/c...ain=bby547.com

I especially like the way the flash intro hosting plans do not match the plans stated on the page below.

Take care Michael, ... I mean Jake!

Thanks for your critique, however I hate to dissapoint you. TurbulentMedia hosts my domain (the bby547.com, hence i'm employed at Best Buy store #547). And, to contradict you're other statement I was being hosted by TurbulentMedia before they wen't public in January 2005. Anything else I can clear up for you today?

Originally posted by bby547 Jake
    Thanks for your critique, however I hate to dissapoint you. TurbulentMedia hosts my domain (the bby547.com, hence i'm employed at Best Buy store #547). And, to contradict you're other statement I was being hosted by TurbulentMedia before they wen't public in January 2005. Anything else I can clear up for you today?
    I have two questions if you don't mind

1) Why is the domain registered to the same information as Turbulentmedia?
    2) What'd you host on your site before the basically blank page that's there now?
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

TurbulentMedia set everything up for me before they had an automated system and was not aware my information was not associated with the domain name. I have opened a trouble ticket with TurbulentMedia concerning this matter.

The sites there primarily so that my co-workers and I can communicate. I'm currently working on integrating a better messaging system so that we'll be able to chat live. I have my email address on the site now as a contact method while the sites down for upgrades.

Are you saying you were hosted by a company who did not yet have a domain name?

Also all the whois information for the company is useless.

We'll see what the mods have to say about your thread jake.

Thankyou Salvatore for discouraging me for ever posting information concerning a good web-host on this site again. The whole point of this thread was to promote a good alternative to the over-priced hosting companies out there decieving people just like you and me.

I wonder what the mods think about you're flames that deter people from being part of this community

I don't think it's personal Jake. This site gets about 2-10 shills per day that either work for the host or were paid by the host to give a positive review. So folks are a little skeptical, myself included, of anybody that's new that praises a host out of the blue. But give the moderators a chance to look into this and clear things up.

On to another side question. Where's the BB Store you work at and how good is the employee discount?
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Greetings to all,
    I see an email from our support desk from a client saying they are being harassed on a bulletin board because of some info we have set in dns?

I see that some posters have replied to a client thinking he is, well, me. That isn't the case.

The moderators have IP lookup, that should show easily that Jake and I aren't the same person. I would love to be in two places at once, but as of yet I haven't figured that one out yet. (Jake is about 1000 miles from Turbulent Media.)

Second, as to confusion about some DNS records. Some sites that we host were registered last year when TurbulentMedia was still an idea in someone's head. Our staff now, worked on this then, as more of a full time hobby, than a company. This changed quite a bit late last year. I actually had my name associated with the TM dns record, as it was originally my CC info that set the registration, before we registered as a company. (It's a little hard to tell a state agency that you're registering to become a web host, but you don't have a domain to put on record for disputes, etc.)

Now as for a little more info about TM, since this was all brought up.. We have not yet incorporated. This would be why you see my name on some records.

It was very nice of Jake to try to drum up some word of mouth for our small company. We've appreciated our good customers, and will continue to do so.

As for questions of authenticity, etc, Please contact TM directly from our website, if you would like any other information. I can completely understand why some would think of odd things because of dns records (good catch by the way.. I've already got a tech changing the registrations of the oldest domains we host, to match our current situation) but rather than instant flaming Sal, how about asking questions to better understand? I guess I'll have to admit I've been skeptical more often than not.

Jake - We replied to your ticket.. Feel free to reply at any time if you need any further assistance. I would suggest to let this go. My staff and especially I appreciate the gesture...

Thanks,
    Mike Rosati
    Turbulent Media
    Last edited by TurbulentMedia; 07-07-2005 at 12:44 AM.

Originally posted by TurbulentMedia
    Greetings to all,
    I see an email from our support desk from a client saying they are being harassed on a bulletin board because of some info we have set in dns?

I see that some posters have replied to a client thinking he is, well, me. That isn't the case.

The moderators have IP lookup, that should show easily that Jake and I aren't the same person. I would love to be in two places at once, but as of yet I haven't figured that one out yet. (Jake is about 1000 miles from Turbulent Media.)

Second, as to confusion about some DNS records. Some sites that we host were registered last year when TurbulentMedia was still an idea in someone's head. Our staff now, worked on this then, as more of a full time hobby, than a company. This changed quite a bit late last year. I actually had my name associated with the TM dns record, as it was originally my CC info that set the registration, before we registered as a company. (It's a little hard to tell a state agency that you're registering to become a web host, but you don't have a domain to put on record for disputes, etc.)

Now as for a little more info about TM, since this was all brought up.. We have not yet incorporated. This would be why you see my name on some records.

It was very nice of Jake to try to drum up some word of mouth for our small company. We've appreciated our good customers, and will continue to do so.

As for questions of authenticity, etc, Please contact TM directly from our website, if you would like any other information. I can completely understand why some would think of odd things because of dns records (good catch by the way.. I've already got a tech changing the registrations of the oldest domains we host, to match our current situation) but rather than instant flaming Sal, how about asking questions to better understand? I guess I'll have to admit I've been skeptical more often than not.

Jake - We replied to your ticket.. Feel free to reply at any time if you need any further assistance. I would suggest to let this go. My staff and especially I appreciate the gesture...

Thanks,
    Mike Rosati
    Turbulent Media
    Hey I have friends halfway across the country too...
    Small Business Web Hosting with DOT45
    24/7/365 Technical Support; Windows Shared Environment; ColdFusion MX, ASP.NET, PHP, MS SQL, MySQL, Online Store Software, SiteBuilder, Secure Webmail via IlohaMail

While I do understand why some may want to check up on things like this, coming to our site just to harass the live chat reps is a little uncalled for. I personally just took 3 chats with two of the guests using threatening and vulgar language. Harassing my staff isn't going to help anything.

This is a little uncalled for guys..

I doubt it's anybody that still has an active account here. WHT has a couple of trolls that read these threads just to stir up trouble. Nothing better to do with their time I guess. Somebody pulled a similar stunt earlier today in another thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=422131

I've read about 1/4 of blue27's posts; he'd never enter a live chat as was described.

Quite suspicious that he has a customer testimonial from a "Chris Dunn" whose domain is registered to the same guy that turbulentmedia is registered to.
    Small Business Web Hosting with DOT45
    24/7/365 Technical Support; Windows Shared Environment; ColdFusion MX, ASP.NET, PHP, MS SQL, MySQL, Online Store Software, SiteBuilder, Secure Webmail via IlohaMail

Originally posted by aixagent
    Quite suspicious that he has a customer testimonial from a "Chris Dunn" whose domain is registered to the same guy that turbulentmedia is registered to.
    If I may ask, how is it suspicious that I personally registered this domain name?

If the people with the magnifying glasses can tell, we're a small company (a staff of less than 20) that the corp name was registered in january, which would mean that we don't have alot of business credit established yet (although we do have a D&B listing) which if you at 2+2+2, means my corp CC was run around the block to set domain registration accts, buy servers, even office rent, until last month.

When we say we do end to end setup, we do. We don't make customers figure out how to set up dns, etc.. We register the domains on their behalf and that would be where you see that info.

You could always contact our company if you have concerns, but I believe I posted that earlier.

Mike Rosati
    Turbulent Media