Any experience with LiquidWeb and/or Beachcomber?

Hello,
    I've been reading these forums for a bit and I've seen some good reviews of LiquidWeb and Beachcomber.

Can anyone tell me their experiences with either of these two companies whether good or bad concerning your overall experience as well as their support and connections (speed)? If I have a database with some sensative data, how good are these companies in terms of security for the database? If you were with them, but decided to switch to another company, can you tell me why you switched and which company you use now?

Thank you!

As Hosters need to have knowledge of reliable DCs, we have found that setting up a trial Server to check out a potential DC works best. No experience with Beachcomber, but we've been using the Services of LiquidWeb for a few months now and would recommend them.

No matter who one goes with, always make sure to clarify "exactly" what you are ordering and then confirm everything after the Server is setup. Initial setup is where I've noticed there can be big problems and if you don't catch initial problems quickly, things just go downhill from there. Communication is the key to any good relationship, Business or otherwise.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Thank you for your response. You said that you have servers with LiquidWeb right now. What can you tell me about their security, such as, how would they prevent/stop a hacker, etc?

Originally posted by macadangdigety
    Thank you for your response. You said that you have servers with LiquidWeb right now. What can you tell me about their security, such as, how would they prevent/stop a hacker, etc?
    That's your job not the datacenters..

We used LW for quite awile for our webhosted stuff and can say they are excellent to deal with and have a great support team but you need to understand no datacenter will set your server up or monitor it for security. The folks at LW I'm sure would have no problem "assisting" but the heavy lifting is up to you.

Hope this helps

I posted a review here recently on beachcomber. It can be found here.

In short, I've been very happy with them. But as far as security is concerned, you'll need to handle most details on your own, or hire a competant admin.