where can I find 100MBit cheap ?

Hi peeps,

Does anyone know where I can lease a server with a 100MBit bandwidth (and I do mean a genuine 100MBit/s link) Cogent etc isnt a problem.

The server itself should be a standard Amd Sempron or similar / 1 gig ram and 2 * 80 GB IDE HDDs)

The ideal price is (and prices I have seen around) approximatly $800. I'm also after approximatly 150 IPs on top of this (and incuring extra cost)

As for the usage of this it is for running a *LOT* of shoutcast streams and a small IRC (private net) server.

Anyone point me in the right direction ?

Cheers

Stu

Most hosts will not let you use IRC because of the DoS attacks caused by it. The only one I know of off hand that will allow you to is Gigeservers.
    Kevin Naia
    AIM: GTOFreak2004
    E-Mail: [email protected]

That is indeed a tall order - you might be able to find something if it weren't for the IRC requirement. Though, for reliable bandwidth/server, your price is still a bit low.

Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

Well the second disk isnt essential, but thats the kinda order were looking for. We would even take 50MBit at the right price

What about running two machines? One for the shoutcast and then another one for the IRCd. I think you would have a lot better luck with something like this. If you're going to be going with a small IRCd you could even look to a FDCServers VPS for that.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I tend to agree with justadollarhostin. You may even find that spreading the load will bring down the price, especially if you're buying both servers at the same provider.
    I can vouch for staminus.net and justedge.net, drop them a line and maybe they can help you out.
    All the best.
    - Ross

You might want to try HostQuote with your specific needs ! I mean, you need something really specific, even if you can go with Cogent bandwith.

Good luck !

Check out orangefiber.com or servermatrix.com for crazy cogent deals. From my experience you will get better performance with servermatrix but you will also pay a bit more.
    bye