Guidelines Update 07/06/05

Forum Guidelines have been updated on July 6, 2005.

The follow changes were made;

Participants must make five (5) posts before allowed by the system to include a URL in their posts.

Members must make five (5) posts before utilizing the PM and system e-mail features.

Some forum categories have a "minimum post count" restriction before a member is allowed to start a new thread. Please read the Forum Description if you get a permissions error while trying to start a thread.

To:

Participants must make five (5) posts before allowed by the system to include a URL in their posts. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.

Members must make five (5) posts before utilizing the PM and system e-mail features. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.

Some forum categories have a "minimum post count" restriction before a member is allowed to start a new thread. Please read the Forum Description if you get a permissions error while trying to start a thread. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.

We also added the "If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled." bit to forum descriptions that have the post minimum to start a new thread.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Nicely done SWR!!
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Looks good. Thanks for your work on this.

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." Theodore Roosevelt

I just thought we should start a new tradition of updating the members whenever we update the guidelines.

I used to read the rules page, monthly. But, even with that, I could be thirty days behind anything new.

So now, whenever we make any additions, subtractions, or variations to existing guidelines, we'll Announce it.

Nice job SWR.

P.S. This is not a meaningless post!

Ah, good stuff.

Both the addition and the updates are both great ideas.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    I just thought we should start a new tradition of updating the members whenever we update the guidelines.
    You mean you didn't before? I mean...excellent idea.

I used to read the rules page, monthly. But, even with that, I could be thirty days behind anything new.
    Suggestion: if you put a "Last revised" date at the top of the Rules page, people won't have to read the whole page to see if anything has changed. Also, they'll know if they should look for changes instead of reading the page and possibly missing updates because they didn't know if there were any.

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." Theodore Roosevelt

meaningless post

J/k of course Great addition.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Originally posted by writespeak
    . . . if you put a "Last revised" date at the top of the Rules page . . .
    Good plan.