Protect my server from being used by spammers

Hi,
    I have a server at thePlanet.com.

I have a lot of problems with users signing up for an account and use their account sending out a lot of spam.

Is there anyway I can prevent my server from being used by spammers?

The SMTP Tweak is enabled and I have set the maximum allowed e-mails sent out to 100 per day.

Thank you.

1. Don't create accounts automatically by using those account creation scripts. Try scanning every hosting order before adding to your server

2. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=406621
    This won't stop spammers from sending spam, but at least you will be able to find out who is sending spam

It's not easy to stop ppl from sending spam, just monitor your server carefully is all you can do
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

First step is to secure your server from script kidies . For that Read the article
    http://linuxgazette.net/111/cherian.html

Make sure that your Server has Pop before SMTP enabled.

Conduct regular Server Security Maintance which will help you reduce the attack and hance reduce the chance of server being used as a spam relaying server.
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

Get your /tmp partition secured as spammers upload spamming script in /tmp and it wont stop once executed untill and unless emails are sent to whole list they have uploaded. Its difficult to catch those who upload spamming scripts in /tmp but its advisable to get your /tmp secured.