Fantastico vs. Scripts Library

What features does Fantastico have that scripts library doesn't. I have looked very closely at them both and have noticed a little bit of difference but nothing considerable. Which do you prefer?

People seem to like Fantastico a lot. Personally I don't think it's that great but hey to each his own and I guess it makes a nice selling point.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Yes, I guess everyone has their own personal preferences

Fantastico is great, I do think personally it has allot of issues if you leave it unattended, it is something you need to update frequently.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Originally posted by pixelized
    People seem to like Fantastico a lot...
    Are you basing this from research or the mere fact that almost everyone has Fantastico? Given it's problems with outdated software over the last few months, I don't think Fantastico is on the top of everyone's list. I think it only LOOKS like everyone likes Fantastico because their accounts come with it pre-installed, because so many hosting providers think their customers will want it.

Re: Fantastico vs. Scripts Library

Originally posted by InetNocCorey
    What features does Fantastico have that scripts library doesn't. I have looked very closely at them both and have noticed a little bit of difference but nothing considerable. Which do you prefer?
    More scripts.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

all software are open source. you can download from sf.net. if you're gonna run phpbb for example, you won't want to install from Fantastico. Cuz u won't know how reliable nor trust it. I know i dont. Just host selling point.