* Lpanel Billing Software...GREAT

Hey WHT,

I don’t post many reviews on software’s, but I thought this was well worth it.

I've been using Lpanel for about a week. Not too long but it gives me a great idea of how it works and the amazing support I’ve been getting.

I've been hearing some bad things about customer support lately. But my experience has been great so far. I’ve submitted about 3 tickets and they were dealt with VERY fast.

One thing I would love to point out is one support rep named Casey. He was on VACATION and still working with me to get my billing software installed and fully working. He has even been following up with me to make sure everything’s working correctly.

The software itself is solid. Updates over night and has a great (although basic, it can be fully customized I just haven’t done it yet) user signup for both Shared and reseller accounts. The admin side of things looks professional and lets me focus more on my customers then having to navigation around things. I can respond to a ticket in seconds.

Although this software looks basic, it has many advanced features that make it stand out from WHMAP and Modern Bill. And it’s affordable, which works for me because we all know how tough the hosting business can be.

Before everyone responds with the regular WHT bashing, I ask that you signup for a free trial (works great) and try it for yourself. The support has been improved GREATLY and the software is being updated a lot with new features and add-ons.

So far it’s got my business

Check it out - http://www.lpanel.net

- Eddy
    Tired of jumping web hosting providers? Tired of OVERSELLING? Tired of Poor service/quality?
    Are you Finally realizing You Get What You Pay For In Life?
    If So...Please Visit ***** eServicesUnlimited***** - We Guarantee 100% Satisfaction we promise that!

Thank You

I have heard of them and they are quite good. Only thing they are the most expensive..
    http://www.ciclonpr.com
    Web Design - Web Hosting - SEO Services

$20 a month for a leased license isn't that bad at all. It has the features of modern bill and WHMAP all in one... genius for such a cheap price.
    • PHP5 / MySQL / CUSTOM TEMPLATING / CLEAN & MAINTAINABLE CODING
    • WEB DEVELOPMENT via CUSTOM DESIGN / PROGRAMMING

That is in your case

Hi,

Let me clarify, in your case is true since you would be looking for a lease and pay in a month by month basis but in my case, I cant' afford to change customer software because of the amount of customers that I have, it would not be good for me, if I use that piece of software I would have to buy the unlimited version and would cost me almost 500.00 and that is why I said that is really expensive.
    http://www.ciclonpr.com
    Web Design - Web Hosting - SEO Services

hello all,

I think lpanel also is great so simple doease everything I want it to do. But the only thing and I wrote to them was about there live support chat in lpanel. I belive a desktop program that connects to lpanel chat would be good, So I dont have to keep the admin gateway open just to chat with customers.

2 thumbs up for lpanel

I only have two problems that prevent us from using or recommending lpanel.

1) It does not allow one customer to have multiple domains/accounts. Each domain must have a unique lpanel login. Since some of our customers have a dozen accounts with us... it would be silly to require them to have a dozen lpanel billing logins!

2) Lpanel does not allow any type of regional or locale-based taxing. ie: If you only want to charge taxes for residents of a certain state or country.. you can't do that. With lpanel, it is "all or nothing".

Once they get these two major design flaws fixed, I think their billing system will be good.

Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

I trid the demo version, was not happy with it at all. I'm getting WHMAP to try that out! (N) if your wondering if I recommend LPANEL.

Originally posted by mrzippy
    I only have two problems that prevent us from using or recommending lpanel.

1) It does not allow one customer to have multiple domains/accounts. Each domain must have a unique lpanel login. Since some of our customers have a dozen accounts with us... it would be silly to require them to have a dozen lpanel billing logins!

2) Lpanel does not allow any type of regional or locale-based taxing. ie: If you only want to charge taxes for residents of a certain state or country.. you can't do that. With lpanel, it is "all or nothing".

Once they get these two major design flaws fixed, I think their billing system will be good.

I know for a fact that these features are currently in development and will be released in the next major version after 1.6

Originally posted by Cacho
    I know for a fact that these features are currently in development and will be released in the next major version after 1.6
    Yes, well.... if we're going to talk about vaporware, then it's only reasonable to bring WHM AP v3 into the discussion and how wonderful it's going to be. Oh, and don't forget ModernBill v5 and how it does everything including slicing your bread.

No.. I prefer to deal with software that is a reality and not just a promise.

Lpanel has been promising these two very basic features for a year now in the "next version". I don't see them yet, and I don't trust anything they say now. Show it to me, and then I'll believe it.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

If they can do all the stuff they've done mrzippy, I believe that they can do what they say, just takes time. No one said you had to switch to them... this was just a review about them... please stop putting them down, if you don't agree with this forum thread than just post another thread about downing them, though I don't believe you can because you have never experienced them first hand.

I have also been using Lpanel for about a week and I really like it. I was kind of sad to part with ModernBill, but it seemed like it would take me forever to configure it the way I want.

I just have a few customers, and I plan on keeping it small, so right now its fitting all my needs. Only downside is the lack of skins for the user area.

We use Lpanel, and it is everything we had hoped. We're happy. Support slow? Well, yes, somewhat - BUT, once we got it running, we don't need much support, it's fairly easy to use.