1. I wanna make this 30" TV my monitor, what do you guys think?

Hi guys, check this one out:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000233YDU

This is a 30" TV my monitor.
    It has a resolution of 1280x768 so I think it can make a pretty decent monitor.
    Anyone has any experience using LCD TVs as monitor? I would like to hear from you.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Personally I dont have any experience with this. But that would be sweet, having a 30" monitor. I have a 21" monitor and this thing is a freaking beast.

Buy a 30" Apple LCD instead. but for the price, that's not bad, other then everything will be huge.

I've been eyeing those LCDs for a few months, I think I'm going to buy one in august for my dorm.

Originally posted by Hosemeyer
    Buy a 30" Dell LCD instead. but for the price, that's not bad, other then everything will be huge.
    Whats the price on those? I cant imagine how much they are. 30" is huge. Anyone know the highest resolution on those bad boys?

I meant the 30" apple, I changed my post to reflect it... they are like $2,500 on a good day

2560 x 1600 is the resolution of one... you should go check out an apple store or compusa... they're amazing.

7. Burning 2.5G on a 30" studio display is not really a good idea for me.
    Plus u cant really use that for watching TV nor its compatible with PC, correct me if Im wrong.
    I've got TV tuner on my PC so that I can also watch it on the 30" LCD TV.

Oh when I work, I can dedicate 1/4 of the screen for watching TV programmes. How sweet is that?!
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

You can use the studio displays on a PC, you can get a TV tuner for your computer and watch tv on it. You can even get a atsc tuner so you can watch full 1080i on the monitor.

For the price, that olevia is a nice TV, I've seen them at stores, and I'll be buying one.

I'm not so sure about that resolution (1280x768) on a 30"...

The icons will be huge. You'll have to sit a few feet back from the television.

1024 by 768 is a little big on a 17 inch monitor, it will be three times that on a 30 inch...

On a 30" screen, that resolution will make everything look huge. To give you an idea, the standard native res on a 17" LCD is 1280x1024.

Hit reply instead of edit...

Mine is 19" and cannot display above 1280x768 (well... it can, but whenever I change it, it always reverts back to the "native" resolution, which I cannot seem to fix) - and that is on the large side.

So ... I wouldn't personally want a 30" monitor that can only display at that res.
    Last edited by -T{H}R-; 07-05-2005 at 11:23 PM.

1280x768 on 30 inches, you'll have to sit 8 feet from it else it'll look pixelated as all heck.

Kinda like my projector in my basement theater, from 12 feet away, it's a nice display, stand a foot from the wall I project on, and it's nothing but little square blips of light.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

It look delicious!
    When I went to best buy to buy a hdtv....here is the catch, it doesn't work with an anther. You have to get cable or satalistic to watch the tv. As a result, I ended up not buying one.

Ive actually used that before as a monitor. My friend had one and I borrowed it while he went on vaction.

It was neat to have and games where fun on it. However I keep finding myslef wishing the resolution went higher.

It looks nice, i wish i could buy that now.