which is the better

I am a new one about the dedicatied server. So I want to know the distinguish between windows and the Linux.Which one is better?

At the same time , I aslo want to know their steability

It depends on personal preference (which one you are more familiar with) and what you will be using it for.

I familiar with the Windows more than the Linux. But some people tell me the Linux is more steability than it.I want to do the music web , how can I choose?

Kalamazoo, MI

A question that I have is, are you fimiliar with the Desktop or the server version of windows?

Linux has been know to be more stable with virus, attacks, ect.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

As many have said time and time again, use whichever you're more comfortable administrating. A system is only as secure and stable as the person behind the keyboard is knowledgeable.

If you don't know either, consider what things you want to be able to host: ASP, etc. Sometimes the content dictates the system. Then you can hire a system administrator. Good luck!

EDIT: Just a few below this thread is

This topic was beat up all day today.. A search should yield some good reading.

To keep it simple? Use the system you feel comfortable with. There is no 'Best' OS..

Scotland, UK
    yeah this subject gets asked too often and everyone has different thoughts on the matter.

Search the forums you will find peoples point of view.
    Server Management -
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

thanks a lot, everyone!!!!!!!!