Thread: eBay Question

eBay Question

Hallo.

Let's say I go to bid for something on eBay, but after more browsing something new pops up, and I'm the winning bidder, is there a way I can cancell it?

not that I am aware of.

When you bod you are entering an agrement with the seller. You can cancel a bid before the auction closes. After the bid is over if you are the winner you need to contact the seller an explain the situtation. Sometimes the seller will not hold you to the purchase.

However eBay does frown upopn this practice. If it happens enough the may freeze or suspend you account.

You can request a bid retraction, but only for three reasons. Like Odd Fact said, eBay records how many times you retract a bid and frown upon it happening. Once the auction ends, your only course of action would be to contact the seller.

For more info on retracting bids: http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-retract.html

Re: eBay Question

Originally posted by cjhostingnet

and I'm the winning bidder,
    I'm not sure if I'm reading you properly or not, but if "auction a" ended and you were the winning bidder, the best you can hope for is to contact the seller and see if he'll let you opt out of the sale. If I read you all wrong, what everyone posted above is how I've always handled this situation.

Yeah, From what I know you'll always need to purchase it or either figure something out with the seller and hope he is willing to sell it again or something. I would suggest contacting the seller like others have said.

Simple, don't bid if you don't REALLY plan on buying, you can just "watch" the auction instead and when you get serious, bid, but don't bid if you're not serious, that's just rude man.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

tell the seller you'll pay his ebay fees for that auction
    SMPhones - ...the UK's unbeatable online mobile phone shop - www.smphones.co.uk

Sheeesh...let me start off with this: When I bid on an e-bay, I make sure I bid within 15 minutes to the dead line. You shouldn't have bid so now you have to buy it. I would want you to bid on something with me and then not want it anymore.
    Like other said, it is pretty rude!

bottom line is it will count against you one way or another...either in terms of feedback, unpaid item strikes, etc.

avoid at all costs.

you can't cancel your bid...its better to put it in your watch list...when you are done searching then bid on whatever you want to bid on