Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Working on a Joke Car In My Spare Time (Now this is funny)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040911

Ok, this is about the funniest thing I have ever done. I bought this car a few months ago because I wana make it into a big *** joke. I started working on it last week. EVERYONE around town knows this car now. Everyone talks about it (expecially the street racers...I will get to that in a second.)

My goal is to make people laugh with this and get it to be the #1 known car in my area. Working so far....

Almost every night going home I stop by where the street racers do their thing. I like to play around with them a little and join in the races when two people are going at it. I never pass them (I know I can though) but I keep right on their asses. It's funny like that because this is a family car and they know I can beat them

Well, last night on the way home I decided I should finally show them I can beat them in a race. They start by meeting at Tim Hortons, see who wants to race who, do it than come back and talk about the race. Well I decided to race a pimped out Civic. I killed his car and instead of turning around and coming back he just took off (see pics of my car and you will understand why he didn't come back)

This week i'm putting on the muffler (It is just insane how loud it is) and racing numbers (hood, passenger door, and driver side door).

Over the next few months I will be doing the following:
    - Wing --> at least 51''
    - Neon underglow
    - Lowering it
    - Dress shirt seat covers (take a normal dress shirt and button it up around the seat)
    - Some kind of audio system
    - Faded checkerboard on the side (this is a maybe)

After all this i'm going to ask local stores to advertise on my car. They would be dumb not to since from just what I have done so far it attracts so much attention.

If you have any ideas, let me know

No, this is not my primary car.

It may just be me, but thats really not that funny.
    The car or the idea...
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Not everyone will find it funny. Not a problem.

Originally posted by Jesse_613
    Not everyone will find it funny. Not a problem.
    Yeh, I didn't mean for that to come across nastily. I just personally didn't find it funny. Good luck with the car though.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Well... that car definately looks bad a$$.
    Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is...
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

Update: Just ordered Blue Underglow

Don't forget the gradient tints...the ones that go from black to that mirror/chrome kind of color...and btw...air bubbles look good!

http://www.boyracersigns.co.uk/tint2.jpg

Canadian Tire just add water tint

Sorry but I don't think it's funny either. Then again I'm an old fart of 65 yrs. We see things quite differently.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

i find it funnny

Originally posted by 3rdcoast
    i find it funnny
    at least somebody here does

I think it's funny but...

I'd rather donate it to a charity or a church so that someone who needs a car would have one. They'd put it to a much better use then me racing kids.

Originally posted by Hosemeyer
    I think it's funny but...

I'd rather donate it to a charity or a church so that someone who needs a car would have one. They'd put it to a much better use then me racing kids.
    I would rather do something for myself, like this. I gave my last car to a church. They gave it to a youth group to work on.

you give cars away to church?? wow.... crazy stuff

But yeah its pretty funny, as me being a youngster i see how you find it funny when your racing the others

You need to add one of these and change your license plate to a vanity that says 'DRIFTER'

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33638

In a way its funny, and in a way it isnt. I wish you luck with it though!

Originally posted by OKI-Paul
    You need to add one of these and change your license plate to a vanity that says 'DRIFTER'

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33638
    That would be intense! Jesse, I think it's a funny idea. When you're done post some high-quality pictures of your "ride" on Webhostingtalk.

Isn't street racing illegal?
    I believe it is.
    No doubt you are going over the speed limit.

I fail to see the humor in it. Pretty stupid as well as immature when you think about it actually. It's a shame you all don't get your licenses taken away.

Why don't you take your "putting money into car" skills and go on to a track where you can race whenever you want and be safe?
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Originally posted by jasong
    Isn't street racing illegal?
    I believe it is.
    No doubt you are going over the speed limit.

I fail to see the humor in it. Pretty stupid as well as immature when you think about it actually. It's a shame you all don't get your licenses taken away.

Why don't you take your "putting money into car" skills and go on to a track where you can race whenever you want and be safe?
    Yes, it is illegal and I am going well over the speed limit when I do it. If i'm cought my license will be taken away and I will receive a huge fine. I also race at a track.

You need to buy 2 preformed fiberglass hoodscoops. One for the hood, one for the roof.

Originally posted by unixorn
    You need to buy 2 preformed fiberglass hoodscoops. One for the hood, one for the roof.
    there is a line to what I will do. That is a little to far over

there is a line to what I will do. That is a little to far over
    Naw I think if you get a hood scoop for the front hood that would look cool, reverse it though so the scoop goes into the hood and not out..

Haha sounds like fun

What's even more fun is pulling up in an old pickup truck and wasting one of the little fart can ricers. Both of my trucks (the old and my nearly new Lightning) are sporting a massive amount of HP and torque and outrunning your average "pimped out" import hardly requires even really working the motor hard. My goal is to get my old truck into a 12 second quarter mile.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

You beat somebody with that type of car? Wow!
    I was expecting to see a racing car but when I got to the link, I saw a family car.
    Racing caused accident.

I think you should attach some tin cans to the hood for the Exhaust out the hood bit and then glue rice to the car.

Originally posted by indiaberry
    You beat somebody with that type of car? Wow!
    I was expecting to see a racing car but when I got to the link, I saw a family car.
    Racing caused accident.
    hahaha yeah. My car is the Japanese version so it is a lot more fast than the American version.

Racing does cause accidents but so does driving normally, probably more.

Originally posted by IvialisAndy
    If you want a truly ridiculous car, you have a ways to go.

http://driveit.clickspace.com/ir/oi/1000121/1066079.jpg
    just about wet myself laughing at that!

You definitely need a type R or VTEC sticker, it automatically adds 15HP to the car. Then, some sort of obnoxiously loud exhaust. That's pretty funny.

Originally posted by recipher
    You definitely need a type R or VTEC sticker, it automatically adds 15HP to the car. Then, some sort of obnoxiously loud exhaust. That's pretty funny.
    A BIG VINYL one that splashes across the hood, diagonally! Try Ebay
    resident grumpy redneck

Yes, it is illegal and I am going well over the speed limit when I do it. If i'm cought my license will be taken away and I will receive a huge fine. I also race at a track.
    Also ,your freedom will be taken away if you're found responsible for somebody getting killed. Is it worth the risk just because you think you're "funny"?
    Street racing is illegal for a very good reason.

Your just lucky.... im not around....

Up to now I couldn't find anyone who can win me in car racing... maybe sometimes we can meet, but I still dont think you are a match..

Edit: well, I must admit... one of my cousin beat me one time, but I didn't really call it a race since the cop pulled me over..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by azizny
    Your just lucky.... im not around....

Up to now I couldn't find anyone who can win me in car racing... maybe sometimes we can meet, but I still dont think you are a match..

Edit: well, I must admit... one of my cousin beat me one time, but I didn't really call it a race since the cop pulled me over..

Peace,
    What are you running? What sorta 1/8 or 1/4 mile time can you pull?
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Lumix
    Also ,your freedom will be taken away if you're found responsible for somebody getting killed. Is it worth the risk just because you think you're "funny"?
    Street racing is illegal for a very good reason.
    I street race for fun, not because it is funny.

Arrow

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    What are you running? What sorta 1/8 or 1/4 mile time can you pull?
    I don't quite understand what you mean here.. I'm not an "offical" racer so im not into such terms..

BTW, most of the racing I have been on is on busy city streets (NYC in particluar). Haven't had the honour of doing it on freeways..

Peace,

The first question he asked is translated as 'what kind of car do you drive?'.

The second has to do with drag racing times at the track, where you see how fast you can do 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile.

The way you came out with what you said indicated that you had some experience in this area. Stoplight dragging against cab drivers in NYC ain't racing, my friend. And if you haven't been beaten yet, it's only cuz you haven't stopped at a light next to me. That goes no matter what car you're driving.

Originally posted by Andrew
    The first question he asked is translated as 'what kind of car do you drive?'.
    Thanks for the help.. I drive many different cars including but not limited to: Ford Aeorstar, Buick Leabsre, Lincon, Ford Navigator and most times victoria..

The second has to do with drag racing times at the track, where you see how fast you can do 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile.
    I never really tried to time myself.. usually im looking at the road when driving..

The way you came out with what you said indicated that you had some experience in this area. Stoplight dragging against cab drivers in NYC ain't racing, my friend. And if you haven't been beaten yet, it's only cuz you haven't stopped at a light next to me. That goes no matter what car you're driving.
    I actually have been driving cab for almost 4 years, part time.... but no I dont race with the cab (customers get pissed off)... only if im alone or one of my regular cars...

Also a side note, I have not stopped for almost 156 red lights in the past 5 years of my driving (regular cars)... Out of that, only 3 times caught by the cops, 2 no ticket, 1 dismissed... and yes I do drive carefull when cutting red lights...

Peace,

Thanks for the help.. I drive many different cars including but not limited to: Ford Aeorstar, Buick Leabsre, Lincon, Ford Navigator and most times victoria..
    Say what? Aerostar? LeSabre? Navigator? Victoria? (Crown Victoria right?)

Hell dude my wife in her mini van with 245hp and 4 speed automatic would likely take any of those in a run, I thought you were talking about racing. And god help you if you lined up next to me in either of my trucks, heck I'd have to turn around and run you while in reverse to give you a sporting chance
    resident grumpy redneck

yes I do drive carefull when cutting red lights...
    Isn't that an oxymoron ?
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    Say what? Aerostar? LeSabre? Navigator? Victoria? (Crown Victoria right?)

Hell dude my wife in her mini van with 245hp and 4 speed automatic would likely take any of those in a run, I thought you were talking about racing. And god help you if you lined up next to me in either of my trucks, heck I'd have to turn around and run you while in reverse to give you a sporting chance
    As I said, most racing I have done is on busy locations, so cutting passing and distance timing is an important skill to have...

on freeways or empty places I might loose, because its not my speciality....

since when trucks race

Originally posted by J-P
    Isn't that an oxymoron ?
    Not its not... Red lights re there to force you to stop, now you can stop, if there are no cars comming, whats the point of the light?

Yes if everyone goes by those terms, bad things will happen... thanks God they dont!

Peace,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast