Arrow Do you subscribe to threads?

I do not.
    I see it as a bit of a waste of time.
    My methodology:

read thread -- contribute -- withdraw -- if thread was any good it should still be on the first page (i visit often so don't miss much) -- if I have a point to make (or sometimes a pointless comment ) I will contribute -- Otherwise, I wait for new threads or create my own

Do you subscribe to threads / forums - if so, why do you find it useful?

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

nope. getting 50 emails in my inbox from threads I said something in doesn't interest me...I was going to post this thread as well
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Sometimes and in specific threads i subscribe to them. It is a very usefull to follow some threads....

I used to subscribe but I got tired of all the email notifications. Like effusionx1 said, if the thread was any good it should still be on the first page.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

I don't suscribe to threads. Having so many emails in my inbox from dozens of forums isn't fun...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

No, ... for the same reasons as above.

I subscribe to every thread and I've posted in and some others as well. With so many forums here, I might not see the thread again before it disappears, and I want the opportunity to read more about some topics. And if someone has taken the time to respond to what I wrote, I want to read what they've written.

As for good threads remaining on the first page, that isn't how I see it. I often avoid long threads because they've turned into arguments or back-and-forth discussions that I'm not interested in following. Short threads, OTOH, might have posts that are so informative that there isn't a lot to say after those posts.

Of course some short threads aren't worth the time spent reading them, and some long threads are worthwhile IMO.

I have a WHT folder that all emails from WHT go into, so a handful of emails a day from WHT isn't a problem for me.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

I auto subscribe to threads I reply to (like this one) but I rarely subscribe to a thread I haven't posted in and already gotten subscribed to that way, once in a while but not often.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

I regularly use the 'subscribe to thread' link. It's useful for keeping track of threads you don't have time to reply to at the time, topics you don't have anything to contribute to but want to learn about, etc.
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?