* Guys what can i do now

Guys i have a problem with the server now ,there is a problem witht the mysql , its not working , i think i upgrade to newer version , i need any solution that can make the site working , its realy important guys , please help.
    this is the error i resive :
    Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/*****/public_html/index.php on line 78
    Could not connect to MySQL database

i am using cpanel and redhate :

thanks

Are you using MySQL 4.1?

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

how can i know , i am noob in these stuff .
    please help

Login in WHM and then click on the Server Status icon. Next, click on the Service Status icon and it will say MySQL and a version name. Please let us know what the version is. Additionally, judging from your posts on WHT, I suggest you hire a server administrator to take care of this for you.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

If you upgraded mysql you probably forgot to upgrade mysql-client the mysql-client will install a new version that can connect to your upgraded mysql server.

If you upgraded from Mysql.com download the client version and install it.

mysql (4.1.11-standard)

OK do this:

WHM Root >> Server Setup >> Tweak Settings >> Look for the box that says MySQL.

"Use old style (4.0) passwords with mySQL 4.1 (required if you have problems with php apps authenticating)" Make sure you have selected that option. Once that's done, you will need to re-install the script and it will work.

-GSV

i personally recommend recompiling php to use system mysql rather then using the old style passwords
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Guys i need to hire someone to manage my server , do you guys recommend someone,and i need cheap prices too

Originally posted by freeboy1
    Guys i need to hire someone to manage my server , do you guys recommend someone,and i need cheap prices too
    www.serverwizards.com.

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    i personally recommend recompiling php to use system mysql rather then using the old style passwords
    You could do that too but, I was going for the simpler fix.

-GSV

thanks elix
    i solved the problem now , thanks alot

thanks elix
    i solved the problem now , thanks alot
    Your welcome.

Was it this that helped? (just for the record)
    Originally posted by elix
    OK do this:

WHM Root >> Server Setup >> Tweak Settings >> Look for the box that says MySQL.

"Use old style (4.0) passwords with mySQL 4.1 (required if you have problems with php apps authenticating)" Make sure you have selected that option. Once that's done, you will need to re-install the script and it will work.

-GSV

yah , i checked on the option Use old style (4.0) passwords with mySQL 4.1 (required if you have problems with php apps authenticating)"
    and then i upgraded the apeach again and it worked fine

yah , i checked on the option Use old style (4.0) passwords with mySQL 4.1 (required if you have problems with php apps authenticating)"
    and then i upgraded the apeach again and it worked fine
    OK. Glad to hear everything works.

-GSV